Operations Director, Liberia
For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
Operations Director, Liberia
We are currently seeking an Operations Director for the anticipated USAID Office of Food for Peace funded Liberia Development Assistance (DFAP) Program. This multi-year, non-emergency program is integrated with USAID strategies to address the underlying causes of chronic food insecurity. The program’s ultimate goal is to reduce food insecurity among vulnerable households. The program focuses on strengthening livelihoods and improving nutrition among children under five, incorporating disaster risk reduction and response mechanisms and conflict sensitive approaches. The Operations Director will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all procurement actions are made in line with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated information regarding all reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
- Oversee the recruitment of staff and the development of scopes of work for long and short term employees.
- Ensure that the Employee Policy Manual is adhered to.
- Make recommendations concerning employment, performance, and other personnel actions in coordination with Finance Director.
- Oversee IT unit to ensure that all equipment is procured and up-to-date with Headquarter recommendations.
- Recommend, approve, and implement procedures, and schedules within limits of authority.
- Assume responsibility for overall management and provide leadership, oversight and support to all aspects of grant funds.
- Bachelor’s degree in financial management, business administration finance, accounting, or other relevant field required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in operations, procurement, and grants management.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable USAID regulations, policies, and practices in all areas (finance, accounting, payroll, human resources, information technology, procurement and logistics).
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team of diverse individuals. Strong mentoring and teambuilding skills.
- Fluency in English required.
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55569361D43515B7E59192F77501F6D03627A4B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Monrovia
- Grade: Senior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-10