Monitoring and Evaluation Research Assistant
International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
MONITORING AND EVALUATION RESEARCH ASSISTANT The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks a highly talented Monitoring & Evaluation Research Assistant (M&E Assistant) to be based in our field office in Eldoret, Kenya.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor.
The position: The M&E Research Assistant will be based in Eldoret and will report to the Root Crops value chain leader of the larger Accelerated Value Chain Development (AVCD) project.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following: Key Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of the AVCD (potato value chain component) M&E plan;
- Design and implement a beneficiary tracking database system to collect and manage M&E data;
- Train project partners on the implementation of the monitoring system, in particular the use of data forms and reporting formats, and provide ongoing coaching support through regular site monitoring visits for quality control and timely problem solving;
- Coordinate with project implementing partners to document and report qualitative data to measure gendered impacts;
- Participate in selected operational research activities and surveys;
- Participate, , in regional M&E meetings and other program-level activities;
- Document good practices, lessons learned trends, cross-cutting policy and implementation issues, among others;
- Contribute to preparation of research articles and scientific reports jointly with CIP staff and project research partners;
- Carry out M&E and survey data analysis and report writing..
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field. Degree in other social science or public health with strong quantitative skills will be considered;
- Additional training in M&E methodologies and quantitative and qualitative assessment methods; Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a related position in an international research or development organization;
- Direct experience in designing and implementing project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- M&E experience with USAID project an asset;
- Very strong skills in statistical analysis, sampling methodology, and data collection and analysis;
- Very strong oral and written communication skills required;
- Ability to serve as the project liaison person for diverse implementing partners;
- Willingness to spend considerable time working under field conditions in rural Kenya.
Conditions: This is a Nationally Recruited Staff position (NRS). The employment contract will be for a two year term (with a three month probation period) with the possibility of renewal, subject to performance and availability of funding.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on April 12, 2016 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org. CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Location: Eldoret
- Grade: Administrative Services and Support - Generally no need for Higher Education - Administrative support
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Administrative support
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Scientist and Researcher
- Closing Date: 2016-04-12