International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Ref.: 16-23 TA/NRS/HQ
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible Treasury Analyst with high level of commitment to control the treasury performance measurement.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweetpotato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
The Position: The Treasury Analyst position will be based in Lima, Peru and report directly to the Corporate Treasurer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare cash position reports.
- Assist with banking operations.
- Analyze and prepare foreign exchange transactions.
- Coordinate investments.
- Prepare bank reconciliation analysis.
- Evaluate new banking products and services.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of bank accounts, electronic banking systems and bank cost information.
- Analyze bank fees and recommend cost savings.
- Provide analytical support including: monthly reporting on Treasury Metrics.
- Identify and communicate any treasury related issues to management promptly.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in accounting, finance and treasury.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software
- Strong understanding of accounting and budget principles.
- Ability to accomplish results by working proactively with team members.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to complete work accurately all responsibilities.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals and permanent residents. The position contract will be for a six-month term (with three months probation period) with the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and
professional growth.Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website
(http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ ), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on 31 March, 2016 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted. Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing
countries are particularly encouraged to apply