Head, ICT Infrastructure & Networks
Position Title : Head, ICT Infrastructure & Networks
Duty Station : Manila, Philippines
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 April 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Israel, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
- External female candidates.
This position is based in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Director of MAC who oversees the overall service delivery of the units delocalized from Headquarters (HQs) to the administrative centre. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is one of the units with its operations delocalized to MAC.
Under the overall supervision of Director ICT Operations and direct supervision of Chief Global ICT Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible to conceptualizes and develop information system initiatives and assumes a lead role in providing project management expertise in the design, implementation and oversight of initiatives driven by business user needs.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Oversee technical projects and direct effective delivery of networks infrastructure systems and processes in alignment with the ICT strategy and the organizational goals.
Oversee the establishment of, and monitor, project plans for delivery of functional specifications and present status and other relevant information in appropriate format for management.
Manage the ICT infrastructure and networking team in multiple locations and work closely with the other ICT unit heads to execute with efficiency complex ICT projects.
Develop requirements specification, design including project plans, schedules, time and costs estimates, metrics and performance measures.
Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, and others, while ensuring effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, virus solutions and intrusion detection systems.
Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory, life cycle management and related documentation
Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software. Responsible for site and site data centers.
Support/ensure implementation of lCT strategies and introduction and implementation of new technologies with full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
• PRINCE 2 foundation certification is an advantage
• Nine years of progressive technical management experience in designing, administering large scale, and site, resilient, high availability network environment;
• In depth and advanced knowledge of TCP/IP protocol, WAN and LAN Technologies, Virtual
Private Networks and network management, security and documentation;
• Advanced knowledge of Cisco network devices – including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless and IOS. Professional CISCO Certification CCNP required. CCIE preferred;
• Advanced knowledge and understanding bandwidth management and Quality of Service (QoS) technologies. Experience with WAN optimization solutions and their management dis required;
• In depth understanding of Microsoft based networks including Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Exchange, Core Switching/Routing, SSL/IPSec, SAN, virtualization and other Windows network technologies. Microsoft Certified Professional (including Windows Server) is an advantage;
• on experience troubleshooting hardware such as servers, routers, bridges, switches, network interface cards, telephone systems and telecommunication principles;
• Knowledge of incident, change and configuration management as applied to IT Service
Management. Foundation level certification in ITIL is highly desired;
• Strong leadership, project management and analytical skills with capacity to understand IT business requirements and to translate them into technical solutions; skills in project management using industry standards, systems analysis, technical design and application
architecture, database design and requirements I technical I user documentation; ability to build a team in a multicultural environment and to work effectively with colleagues from different professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 26 April 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 13.04.2016 to 26.04.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/86 (P) - Head, ICT Infrastructure and Networks (P4) - Manila, Philippine (54761944) Released
Posting: Posting NC54785387 (54785387) Released