Senior Technical Advisor, LINKAGES Project
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:**Senior Technical Advisor, LINKAGES Project**
The Senior Technical Advisor for Key Populations will provide technical assistance, monitoring and capacity building on the LINKAGES project: a global project aimed at delivering quality HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for key population groups including sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs. The Technical Advisor will be responsible for the technical inputs to the annual work planning at the global and country level, participation in technical thought leadership, communication and relationship management with key partners/stakeholders, and facilitation of global knowledge sharing on key aspects of program service delivery for one or more of the key population groups.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs for key populations supported by FHI 360 and national and local partners.
- Provide technical assistance for HIV care, treatment and support for key populations across the cascade by ensuring innovative, evidence-based programming.
- Develop approaches to address the positive health dignity and prevention of key populations living with HIV.
- Support the Deputy Director, Technical to ensure collaboration and coordination with country governments, Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator, PEPFAR Implementing Agencies, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and other partners by regularly meeting and consulting with all relevant agencies to share information and to stimulate joint design, evaluation and implementation of interventions.
- Remain informed on current state-of-the-art programs in the HIV/AIDS care and treatment field with focus on key populations, through the review of literature and articles, and maintain links with other international bodies which specialize in key population focused HIV treatment and care.
- Represent FHI 360 and the project in professional and public settings, and present at professional meetings and conferences.
- Develop scopes of work, project deliverables and monitoring and evaluation indicators and targets together with the Strategic Information team for grant and contract resource and service delivery partners as required.
- Develop guidance, tools and materials related to key population programming.
- Ensure that LINKAGES best practices and innovations are widely shared across all LINKAGES project sites and with other key stakeholders and incorporate/adapted into projects as relevant.
- Write success stories that highlight key technical innovations to share with USAID and key partners and stakeholders.
- Author manuscripts for publication as appropriate.
- Masters or other advanced degree in public health or related field desired.
- At least 6 years specialized experience in providing technical assistance and capacity building in HIV prevention, care and treatment programs directly working with one or more of the key populations, sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs (in Africa, Asia and Latin America and Caribbean preferred).
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO/PVO environment desirable. · Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. · Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Experience in designing and implementing key population focused HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment projects, including ART in developing countries (Asia, Africa and Latin America and Caribbean preferred).
- Experience working with key populations including one or more of the following groups: sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs.
- Familiarity with the scientific literature and evidence based HIV programming focused on key populations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection, especially as they pertain to key populations.
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project partners, staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR programming and reporting preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-05-31