Business Systems Analyst
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
Title: Business Systems Analyst
Department: Technology Integration
Based in Washington, DC Up to 5% international travel
Reports to the IT Operations Project Director
Who we are
We're Population Services International (PSI), the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI'ers” around the world. It's a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The IT Operations group solves problems and finds new opportunities to support PSI's mission around the world. We provide expertise, guidance and support for enterprise applications, network infrastructure, business intelligence and software development. We're physically located in Washington, DC, but we work all over the globe. We contribute to the PSI mission by making sure our colleagues have access to the information, tools, and support they need wherever they may be.
PSI seeks a Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to work with teams responsible for implementation, maintenance and administration of multiple PSI business systems. The BSA's primary duties are to support implementation of PSI's collaboration and content management portal including thoughtful analysis of requirements, training and daily administrative tasks. The BSA will also contribute to development of our global health services management information system and continued upgrades to our business intelligence and analysis tools set. The position requires a whole lot of creativity, curiosity and excellent communication skills. A successful candidate will understand business problems, see opportunities and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The Business Systems Analyst reports to the IT Operations Project Director.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Understand, analyze, and document technical and business requirements for all intranet/extranet functionality
- Translate business needs into appropriate SharePoint taxonomies, structures, content libraries and workflows, prioritize OOTB solutions and identify where customization may be required
- Provide the support in the design and implementation of legacy data migration strategies
- Manage requests for new site creation or site modification
- Provide best practice knowledge on layout and usage of sites
- Prepare and deliver training to various audiences including content administrators, users and other staff and stakeholders
- Work with end users to continually improve functionality and usability across the portal
- Control access to information by ensuring proper permission sets are in place to provide or restrict access as appropriate based on user needs and institutional policies
- Understand everything you can about PSI's business
- Consult with departments regarding business needs, translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements
- Propose appropriate technology solutions to satisfy requirements
- Define ETL and integration needs and work with development team to develop and maintain data sets
- Develop and deliver BI solutions, reports, dashboards and analysis tools
- Communicate appropriately with multiple audiences about issues, changes and new functionality
- Manage DHIS2 server enhancements and upgrades
- Track new features and develop roadmap for server upgrades
- Enhance business processes for new implementations
- Provide support for related applications
What are we looking for? The basics**
- You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related subject area (e.g. International Development, Public Health)
- You've worked 6 or more years with non-profit, development, or international organizations
- You have 4 or more years of experience working in information systems and/or data for decision-making
- You've been a member of a software development team and understand the SDLC
- Experience with health impact, sales or financial reporting preferred
- You've worked with reporting and data visualization tools like Crystal Reports, Power BI, and Tableau
- You have experience designing and working with relational databases
- You can tease out business requirements and turn them in to technical requirements for developers
- You know how to test software updates and upgrades
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Strong analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Fluency in English is required, French or Spanish a plus
- References will be required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What would get us excited?
- You are familiar with MS SQL Server enterprise, in particular T-SQL, SSIS and SSAS
- You've done a fair amount of development with Microsoft's BI suite, Excel, PowerPivot, Power Query, Power BI, etc.
- You're experienced with managing small to medium sized SharePoint implementations
- You've worked with DHIS2 (implementation, data structure and third party apps)
- You've got a talent for creating visuals that tell a story
- You love new technology and finding creative ways to use it to solve real problems
- You're the first in line to volunteer for the new project because you want see how that thing works
- Level 6
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- Organization: PSI - Population Services International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2016-05-19