Project Evaluator (Consultancy)
Niamey - Agadez | Niamey
Position Title : Project Evaluator
Duty Station : Niamey, Niger
Classification : Consultant
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 20 days with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 May 2016
Reference Number: CON 2016/06
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The overall objective of the consultancy is to conduct an external evaluation in the framework of the project "Supporting safe and informed migration in Niger", co-funded by the European Union and the Italian Ministry of Interior. The project is designed to support the efforts of the Government of Niger to increase the level of safe and informed migration through the promotion of credible and updated information on migration among potential migrants, migrants in transit, in Niger and the host community. At the same time, through this information campaign whose aim is address the insufficient level of information about the risks and dangers deriving from bad practices related to migration, the goal is also to correct potential migrants’ false perceptions and optimistic expectations, often deceived by traffickers or smugglers.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
The consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Evaluate the results achieved through the activities carried out by IOM in the framework of the information campaign, namely: the communication strategy adopted, training data, media content products (video, audio play and radio talk shows), the impact of different forms of theater adopted, the community response map and the actions taken following the meetings of the National Committee;
- Conduct an assessment mission on the field in the region of Agadez, to attend to at least one theater performance and a cinema caravan session;
- Prepare a final report on the evaluation of the three components of the project: the communication strategy, media contents production and their diffusion;
- Assess the opportunity to continue the project with a second phase, taking into account the interests of stakeholders, its sustainability and its impacts;
- Submit proposals to conduct a second phase of the project including people/target groups, potential partners etc.;
- Transmit the final evaluation report to IOM Niger in Niamey before May 25th 2016.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education • Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or • University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience
Experience The evaluator will lead the evaluation according to the criteria of relevance, effectiveness and efficiency. He / she should demonstrate, where applicable, professional experience, qualifications and skills:
• Consolidated skills in the evaluation of international projects; • An extensive experience on migration; • Experience in the field of local and international media and communication; • Thorough knowledge and experience of the Nigerien context; • Demonstrated ability to conduct field missions; • Demonstrated ability to deliver best quality materials in a short time; • With strong expertise /experience, and good knowledge of IOM projects and migration.
Desirable Competencies: • Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others. • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; • Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter • Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation. • Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Other: Duration The evaluation shall be completed within 20 days and before 25 May 2016. The indicative timeframe is:
- 5 days of preparation in Niamey or « home-based »
- 4 days in the region of Agadez to attend at least a performance at the Agadez IOM transit center or in town and to meet with other partners;
- 10 days to write the final report on the evaluation of the project, « home based ».
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 May 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 20.04.2016 to 04.05.2016 Requisition: CON 2016/06 (P) - Project Evaluator (UG) - Niamey & Agadez, Niger (54787897) Released Posting: Posting NC54787904 (54787904) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Niamey - Agadez | Niamey
- Grade: Junior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-05-04