Resource Management Officer
Gaziantep | Ankara
Position Title : Resource Management Officer
Duty Station : Gaziantep, Turkey
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 04 May 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (CoM), under direct supervision of the Country Office Resource Management Officer (CO RMO) in Turkey, and the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub Office (HoSO), and in coordination with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and Regional Office (RO) in Vienna, the Resource Management Officer in Gaziantep will be responsible and accountable for the administration and resource management functions of IOM Gaziantep sub-office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Assist in monitoring and overseeing the financial management for all activities in Gaziantep including the oversight of financial expenditures and accountability; undertake financial analysis of respective projects in Gaziantep.
Ensure that all finance activities are performed in accordance with the IOM Financial, Procurement and Accounting Regulations.
Coordinate with the CO RMO the preparation of donor financial reports for the projects implemented in Gaziantep in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
Forecast cash flows according to activities in Gaziantep sub-office and ensure daily control of funds disbursed.
Assist the CO RMO in preparing the annual budget for the Mission, in coordination with the relevant Program Managers. Monitor budget control and analyze variances between budget(s) and actual expenditures on a monthly basis and assist in the preparation of budgets for new programmes.
Inspect payroll versus budgets for the staff of the Gaziantep sub-office, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM's projectization criteria.
Make recommendations on procedural improvements and assist in training staff in the relevant areas of administration and finance.
Coordinate administrative and human resources policies and practices in Gaziantep sub-office; apply HR polices, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases.
Assist in the supervision of the Mission’s offices administrative functions, including recruitment, retention, promotion, separation, and other related activities, in accordance with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
Verify all the requests for purchases in the Gaziantep sub-office, and make sure the budget is available and proper documentation is completed and submitted timely.
Liaise with all other internal functional units of the Mission, as well as banking, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting function.
Support the Head of Sub-Office to ensure that programmatic activities are being implemented in a manner that is consistent with donor agreements – both from an operational and budgetary perspective.
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, Business Administration, Commerce or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience. • Professional certification as Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant is an advantage.
• Experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; • Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit; • Knowledge of IOM’s regulations, policies and procedures a distinct advantage; • Experience with international institutions knowledge of IPSAS and SAP highly desirable; • Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms • Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders • Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others • Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience • Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services • Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; • Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others. • Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; • Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter • Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation. • Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions; • Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. 1. This vacancy cancels and supersedes SVN 2016/36. Previous applicants of SVN 2016/36
need to reapply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 04 May 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to: http://www.iom.int/cms/en/sites/iom/home/about-iom-1/recruitment/how-to-apply.html
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 21.04.2016 to 04.05.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/90 (P) - Resource Management Officer (P3) - Gaziantep, Turkey (54788383) Released Posting: Posting NC54788392 (54788392) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Gaziantep | Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-04