Community Empowerment Assistant
Bekaa (Lebanese National Staff Only)
We are looking for a highly qualifiedindividual with a mind set to achieve success in a humanitarian organization working in a challenging but interesting environment.
Who are we
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. More than 200.000 Syrian refugees have received assistance from the Danish Refugee Council since the beginning of the crisis.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The CE assistant shall assist in implementing all CE activities in various DRC projects, including community support projects, cash for work initiatives, and municipal training.
• Raise awareness about the community support projects (CSPs) & cash for work (CFW) initiatives and mobilize community actors to submit
• Conduct need assessments with host and refugee communities including municipalities, community representatives and youth (maintaining gender balance) in coordination with CE Officer;
• Assist applicants in project design and the submission process;
• Once projects are approved, coordinate with logistics to procure and deliver resources and support applicants in implementing projects
• Ensure full accountability to communities (and DRC) on the use of project funds;
• Support all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities including providing regular reports of activities to supervision, documenting feedback from beneficiaries, participating in lessons learned reviews and supporting internal and external evaluations of the CE activities;
• Data entry of project data as required by Supervisor;
• Keep soft and hard records of all procurement contracts and other contracts (services, goods, and works) related to his/her sector of responsibility in collaboration with the CE Officer.
To be successful in this role you must have minimum 2 years experience in similar field preffered in NGOs, bachelor degree in social field. Strong command of written and spoken English. Excellent team work skills, communication and flexibility.
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a6 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from May 2016 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff. This position will be placed at level B1, equivalent to USD 1250 per month.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html).
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo and find Current Vacancies. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close 06 May 2016. The interviews are expected to take place the week after.