Cost Proposal Specialist
International Potato Center
Ref.: 16-31 CPS/NRS/HQ
Cost Proposal Specialist
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a proactive and responsible Cost Proposal Specialist with high level of commitment and excellent organizational skills to advise, coordinate and/or lead the preparation of high-quality cost proposal applications for bids, depending on needs of internal clients and/or what is necessary per CIP’s strategic purpose.
The Center: CIP is a non-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 Research Centers and 16 Research Programs mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
The position: This position will be based in Lima, Peru and report directly to the Projects Finance Manager. The position is responsible for the following:
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for analyzing and determining the essential cost elements needed for each proposal submission, in relation to the donor’s requirements, and provides timely and effective leadership, guidance and support to Project Managers and Resources Mobilization throughout the proposal development process;
- Develop and maintain budget/cost templates to assist CIP in proposal submissions and ensures that all relevant finance forms, representations, certifications, and other forms are understood and included as appropriate;
- Responsible for building the capacity of appropriate HQ and Country Office staff on the business/cost proposal process in accordance with CIP’s and donor policies;
- Provide technical assistance to country offices and coordinate the cost proposal development;
- Coordinate CIP’s capacity building efforts on cost proposal development;
- Stay abreast of changes in donor regulations and collaborate with Grants and Contracts department and Donor.
- In addition, the Cost Proposal Specialist might support the budgeting, monitoring and reporting processes of special projects in CIP called CRPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economy or related discipline.
- 3 years of grant/contract experience.
- 5 years of budget development experience.
- 5 years of financial analytical experience and proven skills.
- Familiarities with U.S. Government grant and contract regulations, including the FAR.
- Familiarities with European Union and other major development donors grant and contract regulations.
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially in Excel.
- Accounting software packages (ERP Preferable).
- Experience with non-profit accounting, budget analysis and development.
Conditions: This position is local thus limited to Peruvian nationals. The employment contract will be for one-year term with possibility of renewal (with three months of probation period). Salary will be national competitive, commensurate with experience. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth. CIP seeks diversity and gender balance in its staff.
Applications: Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V., and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on April 15, 2016 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: CIP - International Potato Center
- Grade: International Volunteer - Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-04-29