Refugee Camps Senior Manager
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council is a leading protection agency pursuing our mandate to protect and promote durable solutions to displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), DRC apply a regional approach with operational presence in Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Iraq.
Being operational in Iraq since 2003, DRC is today operational in the Kurdish governorates, in and around Baghdad and in South Central. Focused both on the influx of Syrian refugees and the current IDP crisis, DRC is providing assistance in a range of sectors including Camp Coordination and Camp Management, Protection, Livelihoods, Emergency Response (including food security, cash, and NFIs), WASH and Shelter.
The Iraq programme presently employs about 420 national staff and 45 international staff, but is expanding in response to the current needs through funding from various donors.
About the job
Refugee Camps Senior Manager has the overall responsibility for Leading, overseeing and planning Camp Management activities in all the refugee camps in Erbil Governorate and capacity-building of government CCCM staff (training, coaching and mentoring).
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Leadership and management
- Lead, oversees and plan camp management activities in all the refugee camps in Erbil Governorate
- Capacity-building of government CCCM staff (training, coaching and mentoring)
- Manage the overall identification of needs of the resident population, for the implementation of community services activities and referral of identified needs to other service providers
- Lead and/or participate in assessment of filed site for planning activities and interventions
- Lead regular CCCM management meetings with relevant stakeholders and affected populations.
- Liaise closely with Government, international agencies and NGOs involved in the CCCM response in order keep them constantly abreast of analysis and information on camp activities
- Lead the coordination with relevant national and international actors by participating in working groups and other meetings with Governmental Agencies, UN agencies and NGOs
2) Project management
- Prepare and maintain up to date work plan and expenditures plans, in line with project and budget documents
- Prepare and submit regular qualitative and analytical reports within the given timeframe
- Formulate or provide inputs for project proposals for funding, including narrative and financial components, as requested
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to CCCM staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation
- Organise and supervise CRI distribution for 16,000 HHs
- Ensure Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach to CCCM is consistently applied through community and rights based participatory methods
3) Human resources management
- Lead the recruitment and training of DRC national CCCM staff including TORs formulation and selection processes
- Supervise 65 DRC staff (4 Camps Manager), involving daily tasking and monitoring, regular performance evaluation; delegating based on needs and staff capacities.
- Ensure respect of security DRC policies and various SoPs
4) Support DRC base and other camp management activities as required
- Liaise with DRC office in Erbil and other DRC departments to ensuring camp operation is supported in an efficient and effective manner
- Overall responsibility for the proper management all DRC assets and warehouse in Camps.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 4 years of international humanitarian in developing countries
- At least 2 years of international experience with INGOs
- Previous relevant experience in Camp Management
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and in writing
- Fluent in English,
- Excellent inter-personal skills and proven ability to negotiate with a wide range of people (internally and externally)
- Ability to adapt to the complex and stressful working conditions of the area of operations
DRC will offer the successful applicant contract till end of 2016, with possible extension based on funding availability and performance. You must be available to start work from late May 2016 and be willing and able to work in Erbil, Iraq.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at A 14-15 of DRC’s new salary scale, based on candidates qualifications and experience. R&R cycle is every 12 weeks.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9 May 2016. Please note that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
Need further information?
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Erbil
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Refugee rights and well-being
- Closing Date: 2016-05-09