Lebanon - Wash Program Manager
COOPI is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization. created in 1965. Founded in Milan in 1965 its goal is to assist populations hit by emergency in favouring their civil, economic and social development.
COOPI has been working in Lebanon since 2013 in four main sectors (1) shelter (2) wash (3) education and (4) protection .
COOPI is looking for a Project Manager for Lebanon to strengthen and develop COOPI presence in the country.
Title: “Improving WASH Conditions for Syrian Refugees and Affected Populations in Urban Areas in Northern Lebanon”.
The projects has three main components: Water, Sanitation and Health.
In the first phase, it will be necessary to carry out rehabilitation works for the hydric system, the sewage pipes and the dreinage of rain water.
Then, there will be a Hygiene Promotion component, using the main HP tools and doing specific training for the Hygiene Promoters.
Moreover, the project has a specific part about Solid Waste Management and a component about social mobilization and sensitization on the correct use and recycling of waste in emergency contexts and on the training of the local authorities.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall development, management and quality of the project. The Project manager will carry out his/her duties in close collaboration with the other departments and under the overall leadership of the Head of Mission.
- Project management: Supervision of the overall quality of the project implementation and management of tools used in the activities; Provision of technical and operational supervision to the field teams; Regular communication with the Head of Mission on the progress of the project implementation.
- Human resource management: Selection, supervision and management of the technical team through definition of responsibilities, evaluation of technical capacities, and training/capacity building as needed.
- Coordination and representation of the Organization: Carry out representation and coordination duties in cluster/sector meetings; represent COOPI in technical meetings with donors and stakeholders.
- P**lanning and technical tools development:** Promote and develop new and innovative technical approaches. Improve the organisation’s technical expertise in Lebanon. Capitalise innovative experiences.
• At least 5 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian programs
• Desirable education/degree in Environmental Engineering and/or Postgraduate work in WASH and Hygiene Promotion
• Proven expertise in WASH project implementation and management will be considered as added value
• Previous experience in the country is an asset
• Familiarity with UNICEF or UN funds projectes and its procedures
• Excellent reporting writing skills
• Strong staff management skills
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking capacity
• Familiarity with the context and security is an advantage
• English is essential
Period : From 15th march until 31.12.16.
Duty Station: Batroun/Tripoli
- Organization: COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Closing Date: 2016-05-19