Compliance Manager ( National Position )
Gaziantep | Ankara (Turkey)
The Compliance Manager will ensure compliance with the country laws, donors’ rules and regulations and IMC’s policies and procedures by verifying finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, effectiveness and efficiency of established internal control functions and directing or performing their development, documentation, and implementation.
The tasks include and are not limited to;
Evaluate the effectiveness of the system of the internal control of the organization and in coordination with the country management team suggest and oversee implementation of necessary changes.
Develop and implement solutions to reconcile the compliance requirements of donors with IMC’s other programs.
Work closely with internal legal advisor and Turkish accountant on possible agency exposure, liabilities and legal cases in the country.
Verifying that all contract form are in compliance with the national laws, are approved by the auditors/lawyers and all staff receiving salaries, consultancy fees and incentives has valid and duly signed contract/documents on the file.
Assess the recruitment process and selection of qualified IMC staff and verifying that the process is conducted in transparent manner.
Work closely with the procurement department on collecting all relevant documents for procurments and verifying all details necessary for initiating procurements are in order.
Review procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments.
Assist the Finance & Administrative Coordinator and the Program with day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions for program and ensure these are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures.
Direct the preparation of all financial reports for external purposes in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements.
Work closely with other departments in order to ensures safe cash transfers and timely payments in remote areas.
Organize, prepare and effect monthly scannings for Internal Audit and share by the deadlines set.
Work closely with Internal Audit (IA) to follow up all findings and recommendations raised by IA department or External auditors.
Collate all responses to monthly Test of Transactions and provide adequate and timely answers to IA on all findings.
Participate as needed in negotiations with donors regarding grant restrictions, procurement and compliance, including requests for waivers or exemptions from such requirements.
Participate in Finance, Administration and Human Resource strategy development, planning and problem-solving activities.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Recruit, train and supervise team of Compliance Officers/Assistant for assistance to Program and Support teams in vendor/employee verifications, disbursements of incentives and running costs for health facilities.
Provide in-person and remote capacity building and/or training to partners in financial management, reporting and compliance.
Organize, coordinate and deliver trainings in Code of Conduct, Conflict of interest and Anti-bribery/Fraud Policy ensuring that all IMC staff receives the trainings at the stage of probationary period/start of employment.
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Ensures compliance with the country laws, donor rules and regulations and internal policies and procedures by establishing finance and support functions policies, system, procedures and directing or performing their development, documentation and implementation.
Ensures application and compliance to all security protocols and policies
Works closely with security/compliance department and other department in detecting and reporting any funds diversion or its possibility.
Interface with national government and relevant agencies to ensure compliance with varying government regulations when necessary.
Act as a primary liaison to partner organizations under the IMC programs for all financial and administrative matters.
· BA required; Master’s Degree preferred, preferably in international relations or a related field or relevant experience
· At least 1-3 years of international work experience in relief or development programs;
· Prior grants management experience and familiarity with USG (USAID/OFDA/BPRM), European (ECHO, SV), DFID and UN donor regulations, procedures and requirements;
· Familiarity with international standards for key program areas (health, protection, gender-based violence);
· Experience training/developing others;
· Excellent written English skills and familiarity with budgeting using MS Excel;
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and meet multiple deadlines;
· Detail-oriented with good multi-tasking abilities and communication skills, both oral and written; and
· Able to work well both within a team and independently, in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
· English, Arabic/Turkish desirable
Applications should include a detailed CV and a cover letter should be submitted in English with the subject title to following email address, respectively:
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Gaziantep | Ankara (Turkey)
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Operations and Administrations
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-05-08
NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
Addis Ababa | Ethiopia (Ethiopia)
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Gaza (Palestinian Territory)