Internal Compliance Intern - Jordan
Position: Internal Compliance Intern - Jordan
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Amman, Jordan
Starting Date July preferably
I. Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
II. Country Profile
Capital Office: Amman
Areas: 3 (Amman, Northern Jordan (Mafraq), Za’atari Refugee Camp, Azraq)
On-going Programs: 23 (2014)
Budget: 25 M euros (2014)
National Staff: 504 (2014)
International Staff : 45 (January 2015)
ACTED Amman is the Regional Coordination Office for the MENA region. The Regional Office supports civil society development through a regional program across Jordan, the Palestinian Territories, Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. In addition, the Regional Coordination Office provides support to ACTED operations in Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon and Yemen.
ACTED Jordan provides emergency humanitarian assistance and implements longer term development programs. ACTED Jordan works out of the city of Amman (the Country Office) and three area offices in the North of Jordan in Mafraq town, in Zaatari Refugee Camp and in Azraq Refugee Camp. In the host communities of Northern Jordan, ACTED provides the following support to vulnerable Jordanians and Syrian refugees: community mobilization; household WASH rehabilitations; WASH rehabilitations in schools; emergency assistance (cash, vouchers and in-kind); community based water/sanitation infrastructure and hygiene promotion. In Za’atari, King Abdulla and Cyber City Refugee Camps, ACTED provides: water supply; solid waste management; hygiene promotion; community mobilization; repair and maintenance; and is building the Za’atari Refugee Camp water network for over 80,000 refugees. In Azraq Camp, ACTED is providing: water supply services; solid waste management; desludging services; hygiene promotion; community mobilization; and food assistance for approximately 10,000 refugees. In 2014, ACTED Jordan reached over 200,000 direct beneficiaries. ACTED is a partner of REACH, an organization that provides information management support to working groups and sectors nationally.
III. Position Profile
The position of International Internal Compliance Intern
· Preparation/cross check of Allocation tables
· Preparation /cross check of Project Budget Follow Up
· Preparation /cross check of Monthly running cost
· Preparation/cross check of ATROCE: project cash requirements follow-up
· Cross-check PRATIC
· Cross-check of Cash request
· Cross-check of Contract Follow Up and HR TITANICS
· Support the country finance team as otherwise required by the Country Finance Manager.
· Support the capital HR officer in updating the national staff contracts’ database, staff personal files and leave follow up.
· Support the Area Finance team in BFU preparation.
· Support the Area Finance team to develop bi-monthly cash request and cash planning.
· Verify accountability of Cash for Work payments and support program and finance teams for cash for work planning and disbursements.
· Support to Drought Early Warning System team to undertake field and training payments
· Support the finance department in preparing the monthly cash payments schedule to ensure finance team make almost all field payments
· Support the finance department in preparing the monthly FLAT documentation package sent from the area to the capital office.
· Prepare with the Area Logistics teams the vehicle/motorcycle/generator fuel and repair follow up.
· Support to Area Logistics and Finance departments to close “fuel loans”
· Verify monthly asset and stock updates.
· Ensure weekly vehicle planning is undertaken in each base and consolidated at area level
· Verify compliance with ACTED procurement procedures
· Support the logistics team in updating the order and delivery follow up
· Analyze vehicle/motorcycle/generator running costs.
· Verify vehicle logbooks.
· Field market surveys
· Procurement monitoring
· Verify compliance with ACTED HR procedures, notably in ensuring that personal personnel files are updated and originals transferred to the capital office.
· Support area Finance/Administration department in preparing the monthly payroll.
· Verify that premises leases are up to date.
· Documentation of area-specific FLAT compliance practices
· Hold orientation and refresher trainings for field teams on basic flat procedures
- Postgraduate diploma in Finance/ Audit or International Relations
- Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
- Postgraduate diploma in relation to the position
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
Field Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, food, guesthouse and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg., and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org
- Organization: ACTED - Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Amman
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-06-02