New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Rationale and context of the assignment
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
DSS seeks to hire a consultant (Creative Producer) to work in the Social Media and Engagement Team, responsible for creating innovative communication materials, leading in graphic design, branding and ongoing user interface support for a number of digital and offline projects.
The consultant will lead in conceptualizing and developing the branding and graphic design of dedicated digital presences and other aspects of UNICEF’s social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr and Linkedin), various materials (print, PowerPoint, proposals, guidance material) and other initiatives as requested. The consultant will drive the team’s design strategy for social media content and platforms. The consultant will also play a lead role in the coordination and project management of design products, working with third parties, vendors and partners, ensuring services are in line with UNICEF branding, Communication Guidelines, and quality standards.
For more information, see the Terms of Reference.
- Work in close coordination Digital Strategy Section colleagues to provide support in building a strong Digital Strategy Section design capacity.
- Work with Digital Community Manager, Digital editors and Voices of Youth colleagues to provide design guidance and support for UNICEF’s social media platforms (i.e. Voices of Youth, UNICEF’s global presence on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Snapchat and Linkedin) and respective campaigns.
- Work with project managers and developers, provide design and branding support and implementation for the Section’s projects, including but not limited to: End Violence Against Children, Voices of Youth, State of the World’s Children, Climate Change, Fight Unfair, Act of Humanity, etc.
- Develop a branding strategy for all social media projects and platforms, in line with the Section’s broader strategy.
- Conceptualize and design infographics, factographs and quote graphics, to communicate key messages around specific topics.
- Conceptualize and produce short animations and videos to share through digital platforms.
- Support other team members in the preparation of interactive multimedia presentations (GoogleDocs Presentations, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.)
- Coordinate projects with third party design freelancers or companies when necessary.
- Project manage thematic issues and campaigns with a strong visual component, and/or live events.
- Lead in the design guidance of student partnerships, when relevant.
- Lead redesign process of dated platforms, assuring UNICEF is represented in the best possible way.
- Coordinate translations of factographs and social media covers with language digital producers.
- Lead on the uploading of social media materials and training of Social Media and Engagement Team members on the digital asset management platform.
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com by 17 May 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘Creative Producer’, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-U.S. citizens must be in possession of a G4 visa or become a US permanent resident/citizen before the contract begins.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Closing Date: 2016-05-17