Livelihoods Project Assistant (National contract)
If you have previous experience in project implementation and monitoring, good communication & facilitation skills, and motivation to work with youth, this position could be suitable for you.
Who are we?
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices in Libya/Tunisia, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey and a Regional Office in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region.
DRC has been working in the Maghreb region since 2011. DRC/DDG works with vulnerable people who are displaced / affected by conflict, instability. DRC/DDG has offices in Libya, Tunisia and is now opening an office in Tinduf/Camp Weather Haven, Algeria with a focus on livelihood support for the Sahrawi and support to youth in camps.
About the job
Under the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Team Leader, the Livelihoods Project Assistants will assist the implementation and monitoring of DRC livelihoods activities in the Sahrawi area of Algeria, in adherence with DRC and donor guidelines and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support in all DRC activities undertaken in the Sahrawi camps, with the guidance of the Livelihoods Team Leader and the Livelihoods Manager.
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities, including, but not limited to facilitation, translation, mobilization of stakeholders, etc.
- Support Monitoring and Evaluation activities.
- Serve as the main focal point for an allocated Wilaya, in terms of relations with authorities, associations, etc.
- Support the identification and mobilization of youth beneficiaries for the programme.
- Report back verbally as often as needed, and in written when required, to the Livelihoods Team Leader and Livelihoods Manager.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Indispensable prior experience working in the Sahrawi area of Algeria
- Bachelor degree / Diploma / Engineering in any specialty.
- At least 1 year of practical experience in project implementation and project monitoring in other LNGOs, Associations, INGOs, UN, donors.
- Solid networks in the Sahrawi area of Algeria
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Experience working with youth (in activism, advocacy, associations, etc.) will be an advantage
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 7 month renewable contract, subject to funding and performance. You must be available to start work from June 1st 2016 and be willing and able to work in the Sahrawi Camps in Tindouf area, Algeria.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC Terms of Employment for National Employees/Consultants; this position will be placed at Grade B on the DRC Algeria salary scale.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 24th May 2016. The interviews are expected to take the week after the application is closed.
Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Anastasia Partheni at email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to Anastasia will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tindouf
- Grade: Services and Support - Administrative support
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-06-01