HR and Administration Manager - Maghreb Based in Tripoli, Libya
Tripoli (with some travel to other offices in Maghreb)
Who are we?
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than thirty countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
DRC has been working in the Maghreb region since 2011. DRC/DDG works with vulnerable people who are displaced / affected by conflict, instability. DRC/DDG has offices in Libya, Tunisia and is now opening an office in Tinduf/Camp Weather Haven, Algeria with a focus on livelihood support for the Sahrawi and support to youth in camps.
About the position:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA), the Human Resources & Administration Manager (HRAM) will be responsible for leading DRC’s HR and admin functions across Maghreb (Libya, Tunisia and Algeria) through direct management of staff at Tripoli office as well as technical coordination and support to the other offices
Responsibilities and duties:
• Develop HR and Admin policies and manuals and update any changes to existing policies for review and approval by HOFA and CD and ensure that all polices are communicated to all DRC staff
• Ensure that recruitment of national and international staff is done within specified time limits, in accordance with DRC standards, including appropriate announcements, interviewing, reference checks and contracting.
• Ensure that appropriate contracts for employees, consultants, volunteers, interns and casual labourers are prepared upon submission of authorised recruitment forms, and renewed in a timely manner;
• Ensure efficient and secure maintenance of employee files, and manage systems for tracking contractual issues, holidays, benefits, performance appraisals and other HR administrative issues.
• Ensure that the performance appraisal system is correctly and timely implemented in addition to updating the training calendar and tracking its budget
• Participate in Code of Conduct meetings and assist in decision making
• Draft and review warning and termination letters when needed with the support of the HoO, HoP, HoFA and DRC’s lawyer(s). Ensure an up to date warning letters’ tracking sheet is maintained and share with HoFA.
• Ensure that applications for visas and residency permits for international staff are submitted on time and closely tracked to minimise time spent outside the country and recruitment delays.
• In close coordination with the officers, manage the inputs into the national staff payroll database and generate monthly payroll in accordance with current income tax and social security laws
• Represent DRC in coordination forums and with governmental entities including Ministries and local authorities,
• Ensure effective and efficient management of office administration policies, systems and procedures
• Prepare/review contracts for all property and land rental for offices and international staff housing, and ensure an up to date database of contracts to track rental instalments due, notice periods, renewals, deposits and municipality tax payments is maintained.
• Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers
• Any other duties as designated by the HoFA and/or CD
• University degree or higher education relevant to human resources, business administration or other relevant fields
• Thorough understanding of the Libyan Labor Law, social security, and taxation
• Significant knowledge of HR Procedures and standards: Recruitment, Performance Appraisals, payroll system
• At least 3 years of proven experience in Human Resources Management
• Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
• Above average computer literacy
• Proficient in spoken and written Arabic and English is a must; French an advantage
Availability: As soon as possible
Contract: 3 months –extendable
Deadline: 25th May 2016
Please apply by pressing the APPLY bottom
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tripoli (with some travel to other offices in Maghreb)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-25