Team Leader, EU Policy and Outreach Policy, United States of America
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
DAI is open to applications for the Team Leader position on its upcoming EU Policy and Outreach Partnership-United States of America proposal
Overview of the programme:
This project aims to provide assistance in the development of coherent EU Public Diplomacy in its external relations, this project and the public diplomacy activities foreseen within it will support and strengthen the European Union's ability and capacity to meaningfully and substantially engage with different partners and stakeholders, both in Washington, DC and across the United States. This project aims to engage with various key stakeholders in order to build trust, increase mutual understanding on policies of common interest, and facilitate policy convergence and cooperation between the European Union and the United States.
This project outcome will be achieved through the development of partnerships with organisations and institutions across the United States (e.g. think tanks, universities, business organisations, media outlets, foundations, and other institutions). These partnerships will be at the core of geographically and thematically diverse policy and outreach activities and programming that will cover the EU-US political, economic, security, and cultural relationship and the broad policy agenda that encompasses transatlantic relations.
With policy guidance from the EU Delegation to the United States, the wide range of activities and services supported by this contract will target and mobilise leading government officials, policymakers, think tank representatives, opinion leaders, civil society/NGO representatives, business people, youth and minority leaders, and the media.
It is anticipated the team leader will have the following profile:
Qualifications and Skills:
- Advanced university degree (Master degree) or equivalent in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as public relations, public diplomacy, communication, management;
- Participation in at least one project in the field of European affairs or international affairs or politics and economics;
- Participation in at least one project implying knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework approach;
- Communication skills to be able to communicate convincingly with a wide range of contacts, including proven strong public speaking and presentation skills;
- Diplomatic skills and capacity to deal with politically sensitive issues;
- People management skills to be able to lead coach and motivate a multi-cultural team of experts to deliver the required results;
- Knowledge of EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts is an asset
General Professional Experience:
Experience as a team leader and in managing technical assistance projects/programmes;
Minimum 10 years of general professional experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment;
Experience in people and resource management;
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years of post-graduate experience in leading projects in one of the following fields: international cooperation, diplomatic relationship, public diplomacy;
- Postgraduate professional experience gained in at least two projects which required participation of United States stakeholders (for each project at least one event with a minimum of 30 participants) coming from at least two of the following sectors: government, parliament, business, academia, civil society, and the media. This experience shall be from leading such projects and/or from being responsible for the engagement of the stakeholders;
- Postgraduate professional experience gained in at least one project which required participation of European stakeholders (at least one event with a minimum of 30 participants) coming from at least two of the following sectors is considered an asset: government, parliament, business, academia, civil society, and the media. This experience shall be from leading such projects and/or from being responsible for the engagement of the stakeholders;
- Knowledge of EU procedures, in particular related to service contracts is an asset;
- Work experience in the USA is an asset;
The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall quality and timelines of the team's performance and its delivered outputs as well as the direct communication with the Contracting Authority and other relevant stakeholders.
Anticipated Project Location: The Team Leader will work at least 75% of her/his time in the United States.
**Please note that all profiles are indicative only and subject to change once the ToR is made available.
- Organization: DAI - International Development Company
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2016-07-31