Media and Communications Expert, EU Policy and Outreach Partnershipl- United States of America
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
DAI is open to applications for the Media and Communication position on its upcoming EU Policy and Outreach Partnership proposal-United States of America
Overview of the programme:
This project aims to provide assistance in the development of coherent EU Public Diplomacy in its external relations, this project and the public diplomacy activities foreseen within it will support and strengthen the European Union's ability and capacity to meaningfully and substantially engage with different partners and stakeholders, both in Washington, DC and across the United States. This project aims to engage with various key stakeholders in order to build trust, increase mutual understanding on policies of common interest, and facilitate policy convergence and cooperation between the European Union and the United States.
This project outcome will be achieved through the development of partnerships with organisations and institutions across the United States (e.g. think tanks, universities, business organisations, media outlets, foundations, and other institutions). These partnerships will be at the core of geographically and thematically diverse policy and outreach activities and programming that will cover the EU-US political, economic, security, and cultural relationship and the broad policy agenda that encompasses transatlantic relations.
With policy guidance from the EU Delegation to the United States, the wide range of activities and services supported by this contract will target and mobilise leading government officials, policymakers, think tank representatives, opinion leaders, civil society/NGO representatives, business people, youth and minority leaders, and the media.
It is anticipated the Media and Communications Expert will have the following profile:
She/he will be familiar with the communication strategy in the field of Public Diplomacy and organization of events.
Qualifications and skills
• Master's degree or equivalent diploma in the area of communication, journalism, media studies, political science, social sciences, international relations and their related sub-disciplines or, in its absence, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent diploma in the fields detailed above followed by at least 3 years of post-graduate professional experience in the field of communication, journalism, media relations on top of the general professional experience required below;
Specific professional experience
• Postgraduate experience gained in developing and implementing at least 2 media strategies/campaigns;
• Postgraduate professional experience gained after 2011 in at least one project which required working in or with the media sector in THE United States;
• Minimum of 2 years of post-graduate professional experience in communication or marketing through digital and social media;
• 2 years of post-graduate professional experience reporting on issues of international affairs and/or the EU is considered an asset;
Anticipated Project Location: The Media and Communication Expert will work at least 75% of her/his time in the United States.
***Please note that all profiles are indicative only and subject to change once the ToR is made available. ***
- Organization: DAI - International Development Company
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Communication and Public Information
- Closing Date: 2016-06-21