Internal Compliance Intern - Iraq
Erbil | Baghdad
Position: Internal Compliance Intern - Iraq
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Starting Date July I. ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
II. Country Profile
Capital office: Erbil
Projects: 29 (2014)
Budget: 13.4 M euros (2014)
National Staff: 398
ACTED has been working in Iraq since 2003 providing humanitarian support to vulnerable populations through multi-sector emergency assistance. ACTED has been operational in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) since 2007 initially working to build the capacity of civil society organizations and, since early 2013, responding to the Syrian refugee crisis through the provision of food, camp management and child protection services. Furthermore, ACTED was one of the first humanitarian actors to address the mass displacements from Mosul in June 2014 and has since been working on meeting the basic needs of displaced populations residing in Northern and Southern Iraq. With a main office in Erbil City, and bases in Sulaymaniyah City and Duhok City, ACTED has opened bases in Kalar (Sulaymaniyah Governorate), and in Kut (Wassit Governorate, Southern Iraq) and has expanded its staffing with 27 international and nearly 400 national staff currently working within the five bases.
In addition, REACH has been conducting assessments in Iraq since late 2012, initially focusing on informing the humanitarian response to the Syrian response in KR-I, and since the start of the IDP crisis in January, has supported UNHCR, OCHA, USAID/OFDA with cross-cutting assessments such as Multi-Sector Needs Assessments focusing on refugees, and Multi-Cluster Needs Assessment focusing on IDPs conducted in KR-I and accessible areas**.**
III. Position Profile
The position of International Internal Compliance Intern
· Preparation/cross check of Allocation tables
· Preparation /cross check of Project Budget Follow Up
· Preparation /cross check of Monthly running cost
· Preparation/cross check of ATROCE: project cash requirements follow-up
· Cross-check PRATIC
· Cross-check of Cash request
· Cross-check of Contract Follow Up and HR TITANICS
· Support the country finance team as otherwise required by the Country Finance Manager.
· Support the capital HR officer in updating the national staff contracts’ database, staff personal files and leave follow up.
· Support the Area Finance team in BFU preparation.
· Support the Area Finance team to develop bi-monthly cash request and cash planning.
· Verify accountability of Cash for Work payments and support program and finance teams for cash for work planning and disbursements.
· Support to Drought Early Warning System team to undertake field and training payments
· Support the finance department in preparing the monthly cash payments schedule to ensure finance team make almost all field payments
· Support the finance department in preparing the monthly FLAT documentation package sent from the area to the capital office.
· Prepare with the Area Logistics teams the vehicle/motorcycle/generator fuel and repair follow up.
· Support to Area Logistics and Finance departments to close “fuel loans”
· Verify monthly asset and stock updates.
· Ensure weekly vehicle planning is undertaken in each base and consolidated at area level
· Verify compliance with ACTED procurement procedures
· Support the logistics team in updating the order and delivery follow up
· Analyze vehicle/motorcycle/generator running costs.
· Verify vehicle logbooks.
· Field market surveys
· Procurement monitoring
· Verify compliance with ACTED HR procedures, notably in ensuring that personal personnel files are updated and originals transferred to the capital office.
· Support area Finance/Administration department in preparing the monthly payroll.
· Verify that premises leases are up to date.
· Documentation of area-specific FLAT compliance practices
· Hold orientation and refresher trainings for field teams on basic flat procedures
- Postgraduate diploma in Finance/ Audit or International Relations
- Previous related work experience, preferably in the humanitarian field w/knowledge of finance and logistics
- Postgraduate diploma in relation to the position
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to work in an unstable security environment moving
- Willingness to work and live in often remote areas under basic conditions
- Ability to work independently and creatively about the land and capital
Field Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation, food, guesthouse and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg., and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to email@example.com
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org
- Organization: ACTED - Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
- Location: Erbil | Baghdad
- Grade: N/A - Level not specified
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-06-09