Administrative Manager - SYRIA
Antioch | Ankara
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
- The Direction of Humanitarian Action
- The Direction of Development Action
HI humanitarian action division is implementing since 2012 an emergency intervention for the most vulnerable people affected by the Syrian crisis in Jordan and Lebanon aiming at supporting persons with injuries and other vulnerable groups (including persons with disabilities). HI is addressing those issues through community outreach, and benefits from the trust of both communities’ representatives, local stakeholders and other field implementing organizations.
HI decided to develop and strengthen a regional strategy along 5 central points:
- Disability and Vulnerability Focal Point
- Physical rehabilitation
- Basic Needs
- Risk Education Activities
The actual intervention context is characterized by important security issues and remote management modalities of intervention.
The aim of expatriate team is to support teams on their knowledge of HI approaches, tools and methodologies and maintain technical quality in the frame of HI integrated approach is the main challenge to take up.
Under the direct responsibility of the Area Coordinator Hub North Syria, and with the support of the financial and HR department at HQ level, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that local legislation is respected as well as the legal framework;
- Maintain and update the administrative organization and operating framework: administrative management, management of contracts, etc.;
- Ensure the good use of funds according to HI and donor guidelines;
- Centralize the accountancy, control all the budget allocation and ensure financial follow up of the mission;
- Responsible of financial reporting to Area Coordinator Hub North Syria andSSC based in Amman;
- In charge of negotiation and relationship with local and administrative stakeholders.
- University diploma in (Finance, accountancy, HR or generalist)
- MBA or Master in Finance, Accountancy, Management or Economics is an asset
- Strong experience in the related field
- Experience in NGO necessary, preferably in emergency context
- English mandatory (oral and written). Arabic and Turkish would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation
- Diplomacy sense
- Status: salaried (or volunteer) contract according to experience
- Salaried: from 2,050 euros + 457 euros expatriation fee
- According to experience and HI salary scale
- Volunteer: from 750 euros + local perdiem based on local cost of living
- Start: 01/06/2016
- Duration: 6 months, renewable
- Living conditions: guesthouse shared with other expatriates (no charges)
- Security conditions: low to medium level of insecurity
To apply please follow this link:
- Organization: Handicap International
- Location: Antioch | Ankara
- Grade: Junior
- Mine Action
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-20