Head of Workforce Planning Unit
Are you a highly skilled workforce planning leader with international experience and a global mind-set? Do you want to shape the future of talent management at the world's leading humanitarian organization and truly make a difference?
Then this is your opportunity to join a team of highly motivated professionals in building a world class global talent management organization at the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Purpose of the post
The Head of Workforce Planning Unit reports to the Head of Global Talent Management Division and is responsible for the design and establishment of a global workforce planning capability for the ICRC. It is part of the newly established Global Talent Management Division- which encompasses units for Talent Acquisition & Sourcing, Workforce Planning and Career Development as well as advisors for Gender & Diversity, National Societies and Talent Pool Coordination- and is charged with establishing global talent management strategies, processes and practices at ICRC.
This role plays a critical role in the systematic identification and forecasting of ICRC global workforce needs to ensure the quantity, mix of experience, skills and competencies required, to successfully carry out its mandate. It does so through the design and establishment of technical workforce planning tools and analysis. As part of the integrated talent management function, it draws upon synergies and opportunities within the Global Talent Management Division and works in partnership with the Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Unit, Pool Management Coordinator as well as with managers and the HR community worldwide to build capacity and integrate workforce planning goals and concepts across ICRC.. .
Main duties and responsibilities
Lead the Workforce Planning unit:
- Lead the workforce planning team, overseeing the delivery of results and ensuring engagement and excellence of the team members.
- Provide the subject matter expertise in developing talent metrics and predictive analytics.
- Develop and deliver presentations to HR community and senior management on workforce trends and metrics that impact organizational effectiveness and results.
- Be recognized as the subject matter expert globally for Strategic Workforce Planning, providing thought leadership to the development of world-class workforce planning discipline.
Develop & Implement a global ICRC Strategic Workforce Planning Strategy and Approach:
- Gain an excellent understanding of the ICRC Strategic plan and global workforce requirements.
- Coordinate effectively with HR Partners and Pools (Metiers) to ascertain institutional needs/requirements, and define talent demand:
- Consolidate strategic and operational needs of ICRC connecting Short, Mid and Long term perspective to propose a workforce strategy.
- Create, communicate and operate an annual and long range global workforce plan in close partnership with managers, pool managers and HR partners.
- Lead the analysis of the Global ICRC Workforce Plan (incl workforce segmentation) to identify skills/competency requirements and critical skill gaps across the organization.
- Provides analytic and strategic reports to the ICRC Directorate.
Design and implement innovative, effective and sustainable ICRC Strategic Workforce Planning tools:
- Identify, select and implement suitable technology tools associated with Strategic Workforce Planning, in alignment with HRIS Project.
- Translate organizational workforce needs into clearly defined KPIs to measure organizational progress vs. objectives
- Design and implement management tools to optimize Workforce Planning; manager dashboards, reporting and trends.
- Mobilize and measure the efforts around workforce planning goals.
Institutional Workforce Planning Capacity Building:
- Work with clients to integrate workforce planning goals and concepts across ICRC, introducing best practices and building skillsets.
- Implement strategic planning with metier and regions providing support and orientation (methodology, tools, etc) to assess their own needs.
- Leverage change management and project management skills to effectively implement workforce management best practices within ICRC; build and maintain credibility throughout HR as a trusted partner and team player.
- Develop Workforce Planning scenarios, collaborating with relevant counterparts and partners to identify talent gaps and develop strategies to address organizational needs.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to ensure integration with current processes that incorporate headcount forecasting and reporting.
Education, experience and skills required
- University degree or equivalent within a quantitative discipline in Human Resources, Finance, Strategy, Economics, Management, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in operational or HR role(s) focusing on strategic planning, analytics, data analysis or similar with a minimum of 3 years' experience in Workforce Planning.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business plans/requirements and translate them into Strategic Workforce Plans.
- Experience in designing and implementing Strategic Workforce Planning tools.
- Experience developing and utilizing predictive analytics and statistical data modelling.
- International experience or exposure highly desirable
- Expertise in talent management processes highly desirable.
- People management experience, with ability to influence and engage stakeholders.
- Fluency in English or French with working knowledge of the other.
- You are a strategic thinker who sees the big picture, balance short and long term objectives and actively translates organizational strategy into data driven action plans for talent and workforce planning purposes.
- You have strong technical acumen paired with demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations for implementation.
- You put the client in focus and have an affinity for simplifying technical complexities and enjoy seeing the impact of your work realized in partnerships with others.
- You enjoy implementing new initiatives and seek pragmatic solutions that are implementable in a fast paced global environment.
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing dynamically changing, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Urban Development, planning and design
- Closing Date: 2016-06-07
P-5, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)
Senior - Internationally recruited position
Washington D.C | United States (United States of America)
P-5, International Professional - Internationally recruited position