Head of Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Unit
Are you a highly skilled talent acquisition and sourcing leader with international experience and a global mind-set? Do you want to shape the future of talent management at the world's leading humanitarian organization and truly make a difference?
Then this is your opportunity to join a team of highly motivated professionals in building a world class global talent management organization at the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Purpose of the post
Reporting to the Head of Global Talent Management Division, the Head of Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Unit will lead a team of recruiters, HR marketers and support staff responsible for talent acquisition, sourcing and employer branding. It is part of the newly established Global Talent Management Division- which encompasses units for Talent Acquisition & Sourcing, Workforce Planning and Career Development as well as advisors for Gender & Diversity, National Societies and Talent Pool Coordination- and is charged with establishing integrated global talent management practices at ICRC. The function is responsible for leading the work to design, build, and evolve an integrated global talent acquisition and sourcing capability at ICRC, including strategic alignment and full cycle recruitment. This is a high impact role in the attraction of talent to ensure the ICRC global workforce has the skills and capabilities needed to successfully carry out its mandate.
It is an opportunity to head and shape the global operational talent and resourcing function for ICRC, by designing core processes and tools, and making a strong impact on the successful implementation of our People Strategy globally. Through the establishment of requisite tools, processes and partnerships with managers and HR staff worldwide, the role is also responsible for leading the work to ensure a best in class talent experience from employer branding, talent segmentation, sourcing and recruitment to an ultimately great candidate experience. The function is a key partner to the HR community, in proactively defining and implementing the talent sourcing needs and strategies to ensure the right people are in the place at the right time.
The Head of the Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Unit leads a globally dispersed team and manages various stakeholders, including senior managers. It requires not only sound leadership and management capabilities but also profound technical skills as well as exceptional partnering and influencing skills.
Main duties and responsibilities
Lead the Talent Acquisition & Sourcing unit:
- Lead the unit, overseeing the delivery of results and ensuring engagement and excellence of the team members, including Recruitment and HR Branding & Outreach teams.
- Directly oversee the recruitment and staffing process and create targeted efforts and communications, which drive and attract the right candidates.
- Define and ensure quality control of KPIs to measure success for talent acquisition & HR Branding & Outreach and mobilize and measure the efforts and impact vs goals
Develop a global Strategic Talent Acquisition Strategy and Approach:
- Gain an excellent understanding of the ICRC Strategic plan and global staffing and talent requirements, including projected forecasts.
- Develop a Global Talent Acquisition Strategy which reflects organizational needs, examines workforce plans and employer value proposition, considering internal factors as well as external factors and strategic partnerships.
- Define short and long term strategic sourcing plans and strategies to identify best in class talent both internally and externally which includes educating and engaging hiring managers on the benefits of a strong talent pipeline.
- Build an effective global talent identification programme which is aligned with the organization strategy, ensuring a talent pipeline to support ICRC growth.
- Design and implement a candidate database that will track candidates interviewed and all candidate applications.
- Coordinate effectively with HR Partners, Managers and technical Pools (Metiers) to ascertain institutional needs/requirements, and define talent demand based on workforce segmentation and inventory of the skills, competencies, and experiences necessary for success.
Design and implement a global Talent Acquisition & Sourcing Function:
- Design a global talent acquisition model with core processes and functions suitable for a decentralised structure.
- Lead the work to implement a global talent acquisition model through decentralization whilst leveraging existing regional/local HR resources.
- Lead the day to day implementation and use of the Recruitment Module of the HRIS tool "HR Space"
- Design and implement management tools to optimize the understanding of managers role in successful talent acquisition, such as interview guides and support tools.
- Partner with other departments as necessary to ensure integration with current processes that incorporate headcount forecasting and reporting.
Strategically leverage the ICRC Employer Brand
- Oversee the work of the HR Branding & Outreach team and ensure strategic alignment with the overall Talent Acquisition Strategy and objectives to maximize impact.
- Build strategic partnerships with Red Cross/Red Crescent National Societies, regional recruiters / social networks, communities, etc.
- Reinforce and strategically align the ICRC employment brand to advance ICRC market position in talent attraction of quality candidates, using a means of traditional and non-traditional approaches, including social media.
Education, experience required and skills
- University degree in Human Resources, Management, Business, Communications or in related discipline.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Talent Acquisition and/or Recruitment with a minimum of 3 years' experience in hiring, mentoring, and managing a large team of recruiting professionals in an international environment.
- Experience with 'hands on" recruitment as well as management with proven track record of sourcing, recruiting, and closing exceptional talent-
- Demonstrated ability to handle high volume recruitment and managing complex technical expertise sourcing and recruitments.
- Experience in decentralizing Talent Acquisition & Sourcing function highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret market trends and adjust recruitment strategies as needed in response to changes in the environment.
- Demonstrated people management experience, leading large teams in a dynamic and evolving environment
- Management experience in an international organization with a global presence with ability to influence and engage stakeholders.an advantage.
- Fluency in English or French with working knowledge of the other.
- You are passionate about talent acquisition & sourcing and always have the ideal candidate experience in mind.
- You bring a global mindset and a strong strategic vision for establishing a world class talent acquisition and sourcing function- building alliances and expertise along the way
- You are a strong leader who mobilizes and energizes your teams to deliver excellent results in alignment with strategic needs- yet are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing dynamically changing, competing priorities and deadlines.
- You enjoy implementing new initiatives and drive change by developing strong cross-functional partnerships in a fast paced global environment.
- You put the clients in focus and have an affinity for transcending the impact of your work throughout the organization in partnerships with others.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-06-07