Internal Audit and Compliance Associate
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Compliance Associate
This is an outstanding opportunity for a 1-3 year financial professional to contribute their knowledge and skills to an international organization.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Compliance and Risk Manager this position supports the compliance office in the completion of the following tasks:
- Assists in performing compliance reviews of internal systems and processes in accordance with the internal methodology including planning, reporting and follow up related to these reviews;
- Participates in interviews, process walkthroughs, and documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Provides quality control, and editing of internal and external documents, brochures, reports and presentations;
- Assists in developing recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping; and
- Prepares materials for meetings, gathers information and analysis for risk assessments and compliance review planning process.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in internal audit or finance analyzing processes and systems for the purpose of process improvement fraud prevention within an international development or consulting organization; familiarity with donor (USAID) requirements, ethics and compliance issues such as conflicts of interest and contracts;
- Exceptional interpersonal and writing skills are essential along with outstanding customer service;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese language are a plus;
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or International Development;
- Compliance Certification or other related certifications (i.e., CIA; CPA; CFE) a plus.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Internal audit and inspection
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-06-25