Request for Proposal (RFP 2016/HTM/HIV/015): Consultancy to support the preparation of the World Hepatitis Summit 2017
The WHO Global Hepatitis Programme (GHP) is located in the HIV Department. The HIV department is part of the HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (HTM) Cluster. The objective of the GHP is to lead an effective, organization wide effort to support member states in the implementation of comprehensive national hepatitis plans and strategies. The GHP team provides technical and strategic leadership in key technical areas, and leverages the capacity of other HQ departments to contribute to the broader HIV and Hepatitis Programme.
Within the HIV Department, the consultant will work with the GHP Unit team lead.
Specific Objectives and deliverables:
- Prepare agenda’s and back ground documents for all teleconference calls between WHO/GHP and the World Hepatitis Summit Organising Committee, and the Programme Committee, as well as with the Logistics and the Media and Communications Committee. Prepare and file minutes with clear action points and reconcile and monitoring follow-up actions for GHP of all teleconference calls.
Deliverable: agenda’s, back ground documents and minutes completed and filed in an organised and accessible manner.
Timeline: Monthly (Month 1-9)
- Develop a draft plan and timeline for GHP/WHO actions based on the division of labour between the partners, and ensure alignment of actions and deadlines with central Summit timeline.
Deliverable: Monthly updated project plan and timeline
Timeline: Monthly (Month 1-9)
- Draft concept notes that need to accompany the invitation letters, and draft other information and communications for the GHP team lead, and finalise based on inputs.
Deliverable 3.1: Finalised concept notes
Timeline 3.1: Month 2
Deliverable 3.2: Draft information & communication materials
Timeline 3.2: Month 5-9
- Provide input into the development and structure of the Summit Programme.
Deliverable: Consolidated feedback on the Summit programme provided
Timeline: Month 3-6
- Support the back ground documents; presentations; and materials for the GHP sessions in the Summit and consolidate input and finalise the documents.
Deliverable: Back ground documents; presentations and other summit materials finalised.
Timeline: Month 7-10
- Prepare inputs into the Summit report, and in collaboration with Summit Project Manager draft a short logistical report that summarizes the attendance at the Summit, lessons learnt and recommendations for future Summits.
Deliverable 6.1: Logistical report finalised
Timeline: Month 9
Deliverable 6.2: Final Summit report input provided
Timeline: Month 10
Key requirements for this consultancy:
Ø Essential: University Degree in Public Health or any relevant social sciences.
Ø Desirable: Prince 2 project management or similar certificates
Ø Essential: At least 3 years of relevant working experience in in project management and/or organising international meeting and conferences.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Ø Good analytical and presentation skills
Ø Demonstrated capacity to write and communicate in English.
Ø Familiarity with Microsoft Excel software to maintain timelines and contacts lists.
Ø Capacity to work well under pressure; ability to function collaboratively as part of a team; proven ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
Planned timelines and working days
The initial contract duration under this RFP is estimated for a period of 10 months and for a total estimation of 120 days but could be extended up to a maximum of 6 months pending on the need of the consultancy work and funding availability.
The work of the contractor will be supervised by the Team Leader (GHP) in the HIV/AIDS Department. The timeframe above includes deliverables against which performance will be monitored on a regular basis.
Location and Travel
The contractual partner is expected to work at WHO/HQ, Geneva, Switzerland. Any duty travel related to this assignment will be organized separately, following the WHO Rules and Regulations on duty travel (not to be included in the proposal budget).
All required documents are found on this link: https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/45985
Submission of proposals: No later than 10 June 2016, 17:00 (CET), the bidder shall complete and return by either email or hard copy to WHO (only when this step is completed the bidder is regarded as a prospective bidder): a) “2016HTMHIV015_3_RFP Confidentiality Undertaking (HEP)” form completed/signed. b) “2016HTMHIV015_4_RFP Acknowledgement Form (HEP)” form completed/signed as confirmation of the bidder's intention to submit a bona fide proposal and designate its representative to whom communications may be directed, including any addenda.
c) Covering letter signed by the bidder. d) Proposal (including, but not restricted to, technical and financial documents). e) “2016HTMHIV015*5* RFP Acceptance Form (HEP)” form completed/signed. f) “2016HTMHIV015_6_RFP Completeness Form (HEP)” form completed/signed. A prospective bidder requiring any clarification on technical, contractual or commercial matters may notify WHO via email at the following address no later than 5 June 2016, 17:00 CET.
• Email for submissions of forms and/or proposal: firstname.lastname@example.org (use subject: Bid Ref 2016HTMHIV015) • Mailing address for submission of proposal: World Health Organization Mr Jerome Peron HQ/HIV, PDI/FIN, D45034 Bid Ref: 2016HTMHIV0015 20, Avenue Appia CH-1211 Geneva 27
- Organization: WHO - World Health Organization
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- HIV and AIDS
- Closing Date: 2016-06-10