Sr. Technical Manager/OVC
Sr. Technical Manager/OVC
Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Program Advancement contributes to this purpose by:
• Working across Pact to ensure that Quality and Impact are central to everything we do
• Playing a key role in new business acquisition from prepositioning to submission
• Articulating Pact’s expertize externally
The position requires the ability to mentor OVC staff around the world, win new business in line with our strategic priorities, mission, goals and objectives and to lead through strong behaviors in line with organizational values. The Sr. Technical Manager leads and develops the network of staff around the world who provide technical assistance and quality oversight to programs comprising Pact’s global OVC portfolio. The position leads and facilitates innovation to ensure that Pact evolves and adapts its technical capabilities in step with the evolving best practices. It plays a key role in establishing and articulating Pact’s technical excellence internally and externally.
With the support of team members from the global health portfolio, the Sr. Technical Manager contributes to development and monitoring of project work plans, especially for new projects, to ensure adherence to and planning for meeting best-practices and standards. The Sr. Technical Manager creates opportunities for Pact to influence the global OVC agenda. This person represents Pact at technical meetings and forums with key donors such as USAID, CDC, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Global Fund, UNFPA and UNICEF. Through the development and monitoring of technical quality standards, the Technical Manager and his/her team work hand in hand with country offices to improve the technical quality of projects.
The Sr. Technical Manager contributes to the pre-positioning for and technical design of proposals that ensure the strength of Pacts’ business development pipeline while assuring compliance with Pact standard operating procedures, relevant quality standards, legislation, and all applicable national and international regulations. The position reinforces our drive for transparency and accountability.
The Sr. Technical Manager contributes to a global “community of practice” made up of interested individuals inside Pact to share information professionals from within and outside Pact to help advance the state of the art of health practice and measurement at Pact.
The role will work toward the strategic goals and objectives on Pact’s strategy map and the accompanying Balanced Score Card metrics, specifically focusing on program quality, transparency and accountability, enhanced and diversified revenue, deepening partnerships and continuing to improve global indicator design and relevance.
Provide Technical Leadership for the OVC Sector:
• Lead technical excellence of Pact in the OVC sector
• Contribute to all aspects of pertinent project implementation to meet best practices and high quality implementation.
• Document and disseminate OVC best practices internally and externally
• Collaborate with technical and management staff who are based in Pact’s country offices, to provide them with technical assistance as required
• Lead Pact’s presence in OVC technical working groups and representation to donors and with global health partners
Position Pact as a leader in the field
• Play a representational role for Pact in relevant forums and working with our field offices to develop and present papers that help Pact build its reputation as a leader within the OVC field and the wider industry
• Communicate Pact’s approaches and best practices at international forums and to a wider community
• Promote the use of technology to improve business practices and program outcomes for Pact and position us as a leader in the field
• Contributes to the pre-positioning for and technical design of proposals that ensure the strength of Pacts’ business development pipeline
Advance new business development
• Play a key role (leading and writing technical design) in defining and leading new business development in the OVC sector and support the development of technical design of evidence-based projects
• Ensure that all proposals submitted by Pact in the OVC sector are technically sound and capitalize upon learning from other parts of Pact world and international best practice
• Network with partners and donors active in the sectors and gather intelligence on up-coming funding opportunities
Contribute to a vibrant community of practice
• Facilitate a dynamic community of practice of Pact staff worldwide within the OVC sector and contribute to the broader health sector that serves to ensure continuous learning across field offices as well as across all Pact offices, largely virtually through the web-based Mosaic (Jive) platform and in person when financially feasible
• Provide intellectual leadership to Pact within the OVC sector by staying abreast of trends and research findings within the public health field and disseminating them to country offices and relevant communities of practice
• Coordinate efforts to identify and document best practices in the OVC that Pact should adapt replicate
• Master’s Degree in a health discipline with substantial experience in HIV, maternal/child health and child survival
• 8-10 plus years of experience in international public health
• Documented success in successful fundraising in the health sector
• Demonstrated thought leadership on international OVC issues.
• Publication of relevant journal articles, book chapters or technical reports and participation in international conferences
• Extensive travel up to 40% along with field experience in our practice regions
• French language skills
To apply for this position, please click link: http://pactworld.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a33j0000000YRHbAAO