New Delhi (India)
Job Title: Grants Manager
Country: GOAL India
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Executive Director, India
GOAL is an international humanitarian organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. GOAL is a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. Since its inception in 1977, GOAL has spent in excess of €790 million on humanitarian and development programmes in more than 50 countries. GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes across 15 countries of operation. GOAL India has its existence in India since 1977 through various developmental support as well as direct aid programmes. GOAL India's strategic plan focuses on building resilient communities, improving resources and capacities, strengthening institutions and influencing policies through its long term, integrated programme approach across sectors in Health, WASH, Children Empowerment and Protection (CEP) and Livelihood to address the multiple needs of individuals, households and communities in underdeveloped urban and rural areas of West Bengal.
General Description of the Role:
The overall objective of the Grant Manager position is to provide support to GOAL India’s programme development and compiling high quality donor reports. The Grant Manager works closely with the relevant programme and technical coordinators on proposal development and donor reporting for GOAL India portfolio.
The Grants Manager provides key support to the marketing and communication team, contributing to identify high value programmes reflecting the needs of the communities and develop innovative solutions. The Grants Manager works collaboratively with MEAL team and the financial controller, amongst others to generate timely donor updates and reports.
The post will involve occasional travel to field sites (approximately 20%).
The following responsibilities will form the key elements of this role:
Donor Proposals and Reports
- Coordinate the development of quality donor proposals, facilitating input from the programme coordinators, field teams, finance, HR, logistics and other relevant departments
- Coordinate the development and timely submission of donor reports, programme reports to Dublin, Cluster reports and other reports or updates as needed.
- Provide a monthly update on the status of all grants under his/her remit including the provision of proposals and reports to field and management teams.
- Coordinate grant management meetings (grant opening, midterm review and closing) including scheduling, documentation provision, recording and dissemination of action points and minutes to the management and field teams.
- In collaboration with the Programmes Officers and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator (MEAL Co), support the mainstreaming of gender, environment and Child Protection in their relevant sectors
- Conduct programmes inductions for new members of staff as required
- Support the Programmes team in strategy and programme development
- Provide quarterly analysis of programme output in their relevant sector by site and county to Technical Coordinators and the MEAL team
- Work with relevant technical coordinators to develop mechanisms for improve integration between different sectors and develop indicators to monitor the same.
- Following GOAL global strategy, provide leadership for GOAL India to include innovative approaches during the process of annual country plans development.
- Support GOAL India to design and report on any emergency which will be intervened either in India or any other country of operation in South East Asia.
- Maintain and update proposal and reporting calendar ensuring all concerned are aware of the reporting schedule and their specific roles
- Maintain all grant related material in the programmes folder according their grant portfolio including proposals, reports, donor correspondence, and grant management meeting minutes, activity and procurement plans and other relevant documents/files.
- Coordinate the development/update of programme overviews/presentations, success stories, etc.
Representation and Networking
- As agreed with the Executive Director, represent GOAL India as appropriate at external forums
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or post-graduate qualification ideally with a specialisation in development, humanitarian aid, social sciences or another relevant field in health, nutrition, FSL and WASH
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English
- Familiarity and ideally two year’s experience with proposal writing, logical framework development and donor reporting (Irish Aid, ECHO, DFID, OFDA, UN agencies etc)
- Familiarity with Corporate and CSR work is desirable
- Excellent IT skills, especially in Word and Excel with ability to analyse data and interpret statistical information
- Ability to work under pressure, and prioritise workload according to the changing needs of the programme
- Experience of humanitarian, relief and/or development programmes an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, and a commitment to capacity building
- Enthusiastic, flexible and with the ability to work long hours in sometimes remote and/or insecure contexts to meet the needs of the programme
- Understanding of mainstreaming principles, including gender, Disaster Risk Reduction, Protection and Environment
- Experience/knowledge of East India desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: New Delhi (India)
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Cash-Based Interventions
- Closing Date: 2016-06-30
P-3, International Professional
P-4, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
NO-C, National Professional Officer - Locally recruited position
Cox's Bazar (Bangladesh)
P-3, International Professional - Internationally recruited position
Multiple locations (Various)