Analyst, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision
Johannesburg (South Africa)
Founded in 2002 by President William J. Clinton, the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. Based on the premise that business oriented strategy can facilitate solutions to global health challenges, CHAI acts as a catalyst to mobilize new resources and optimize the impact of these resources to save lives, via improved organization of commodity markets and more effective local management. By working in association with governments and other NGO partners, CHAI is focused on large scale impact and, to date, CHAI has secured lower pricing agreements for treatment options in more than 70 countries. In addition, CHAI's teams are working side-by-side with over 30 governments to tackle many of the largest barriers to effective treatment and care.
CHAI assists governments to promote high quality health care. CHAI teams work in partnership with the government, partners, and other major stakeholders to identify the key obstacles to access and scale-up of essential health services, and to develop sustainable strategies to overcome them. In South Africa, CHAI is supporting the National Department of Health and the South Africa National AIDS Council (SANAC) in its implementation scaling up HIV and TB services. More recently CHAI has supported the development of the new National Strategic Plan on HIV, STIs and TB (2012-2016).
CHAI South Africa's VMMC program
The CHAI-SA VMMC program supports the Department of Health to ensure that performance of the scale up of VMMC for HIV prevention is monitored efficiently and effectively and that national targets are met. This is done through the provision of technical assistance in the implementation of the national VMMC costed operational plan, development of strategic documents, tools and analytics to support critical management systems and to galvanize key stakeholders coordination.
CHAI is seeking a dynamic, results-oriented individual with strong quantitative and analytical skills to support with the implementation of NDOH MMC scale up plans. Candidates must have excellent communication and writing skills, be able to function independently, be extremely self-motivated and have a strong commitment to excellence. The Analyst will provide support both strategically and analytically.
- Monitoring of PEPFAR Transition across 52 districts
- Responsible for monitoring VMMC program performance across public and private sector against targets
- Support Provinces in the preparation of annual workplan(s) and budget(s) for the VMMC program
- Assist with the strengthening/development of an M&E system and process to collect, analyze, and present data on national program performance and efficiency
- Utilize analytics to monitor performance and highlight gaps to empower seconded VMMC provincial coordinators to address them
- Generate evidence to support national roll out of interventions so that DoH can make evidence based decisions
- Support in preparation of strategic documents for the roll-out of interventions
- Provide critical support so that the DoH can identify funding gaps and access additional resources
- Strengthen the district MMC planning process to ensure plans are evidence-based, prioritized and operationalized
- Ensure that annual work plan, and all other quarterly and routine reports are produced and delivered on time
- Represent the program in sector meetings and strategic planning workshops
Perform other tasks as necessary
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree
A minimum of two years professional experience in a private or public sector setting with increasing levels of responsibility and experience;
Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint (analytical skills and proficiency levels will be tested during recruiting process);
Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be effective in high-pressure situations and adapt to fast-paced and changing environments with a strong commitment to excellence, both internally and externally, and with limited-structural support;
Demonstrated ability to work independently on complex projects and solve challenging problems with limited structural or operational support;
Strategically minded, able to think creatively around long-term programme objectives and the detailed steps necessary to achieve these goals;
Excellent organisational and problem solving skills;
Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills;
English language fluency, both written and verbal;
- Previous work experience in public health and/or similar private sector enterprises;
- Experience working within demanding work plans and tight budgets;
- Ability to function well in a multi-disciplinary team (CHAI South Africa's programs share common targets and indicators);
Knowledge, experience and interest in innovative financing approaches for developing countries;
Experience with and/or interest in shaping national health policy decisions.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jc3x9bpztr
- Organization: CHAI - Clinton Health Access Initiative
- Location: Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Grade: Junior - Internationally recruited position - Junior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Medical Practitioners
- Closing Date: 2016-06-27