Provide support to all administrative issues regarding DRC Turkey program in close coordination with HoFA or as otherwise requested.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job
DRC is looking for an Administration Officer for its programme in Turkey. In close cooperation with Head of Finance & Administration (HoFA) and Country Director the Administration Officer is responsible for
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and preparation of letters, or any other correspondences with NGO Directorate, Ministries and other Governmental Authorities in Turkey in relation to visas, work permits, residencies, facilitation letters etc.
- Maintain updated information and tracking list for international staff residency, and visa status.
- Develop and maintain well organized filing system for correspondence, inventory, properties and other related admin tasks that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Manage DRC sim cards and mobile phones and its allocation to staff and payment of bills.
- Manage occupation health and safety services of DRC Turkey.
- Opens, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Translation of official correspondences from Turkish to English or vice versa.
- Regular update to the CD and the managers with new procedures issued by NGO Directorate and/or other governmental authorities.
- Assist other departments in drafting official letters to NGO Directorate, UN and/or Ministries governmental authorities.
- Ensure utility bills of office and guesthouses are paid on time.
- Prepare all travel arrangements for staff and external visitors (donors, partners, etc), ensuring the hotel bookings, providing information about meeting venues, and other arrangements.
Any other assignment required by the line manager.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant qualification.
- Basic Know-how of local laws and regulations.
- Advanced Computer skills in Microsoft, Advanced typing skills.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- NGO experience preferred
- Able to communicate both verbally and in written in English and Turkish. Arabic is a plus
- Willingness to travel to other parts of Turkey.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data
- Team spirit, flexibility & adaptability
- Please note that you need to have the right to work in the country (by nationality or existing work visa) to be considered for this role.
Other Essential Competencies:
You should have excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities. You should also have strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles.
You should be flexible, enthusiastic and willingness to learn from others. You should have the ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines. You should have the ability to cope with high workload and stress and identify priority activities and assignments, and adjust priorities as required. You should have the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
What we offer:
DRC Turkey offers an employment contract of 5 months with the possibility of extension (depending on funding).The position will be based temporarily in Antakya(2 months) then Ankara. We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted. Furthermore, DRC Turkey provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
Start date: 4th July 2016.
Need further information?
You are welcome to contact the HR team, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the position.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo.
All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the job vacancy. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees as well as your salary expectations.
Applications close: 10th June 2016.
The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week to 10 days after the application closing.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff members are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (https://www.drc.ngo/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies).
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Antakya/Ankara-(National Contract)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-06-10