Secretary based in Manila (for Filipino nationals only)
Makati City | Manila
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a humanitarian organization that protects and assists victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence without discrimination. It has been working in the Philippines for more than 70 years, with a permanent presence since 1982.
The ICRC delegation in Manila is looking for a suitable candidate for:
based in Makati City
Under the supervision of the head of chancellery, the secretary assists in the management of information and organization of the priorities of the delegation. He/she provides support to the management and other departments with regard to information management tools, protocols, rules of correspondence and other chancellery matters while attending to reception tasks.
· Ensures compliance with the rules of visual identity for external correspondence, letterheads, etc.
· Advises on ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and intermediary archiving, and standard use of computer technology
· Performs secretarial duties such as taking charge of the weekly bordereau, updating of internal phone directory, drafting of routine correspondence, and managing stocks of stationery and office supplies, among others
· Provides reception services such as screening of telephone calls, welcoming and assisting visitors, logging and distributing incoming mail, and checking and validating courier billing statements
· Supports the different departments with filing, correspondences, and use of information management tools
· Provides support to the management in the organization of meetings and arranging logistical needs, compiling and finalizing reports, writing formal and informal correspondences for validation of the management, and carries these out independently in the absence of the head of chancellery
· Bachelor’s degree in office administration, business administration or equivalent
· 3 years of minimum work experience in a similar field
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong command of IT office tools (e.g. Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office)
· Experience in using collaboration tools and platforms (e.g. SharePoint) is an advantage
Closing date of application: 3 June 2016
Contract start: Immediate
Contract duration: Fixed-term, 6 months
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter and copy of valid NBI clearance to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Secretary
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Office Address: 5/F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Makati City | Manila
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: 2016-06-03