We are looking for a highly qualified,motivated and proffesional individual with a mind set to achieve success in a humanitarian organization working in a challenging but interesting environment and ready to cooperate with municipalities.
Who are we
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
About the job
The Community Empowerment officer has the responsibility of implementing all CE activities in various DRC projects, including community support projects, cash for work initiatives, and municipal training.
• Support in design and follow up on previous and ongoing community support projects (CSPs), cash for work (CFW) and related community mobilization activities DRC’s area for intervention, ensuring timely and proper implementation;
• Estabilish committees, train them and design projects based on the needs;
• Design and analyse need assessments with host and refugee communities including municipalitites, community representatives and youth (maintaining gender balance);
• Represent DRC with stakeholders in the field such as local authoritites, community representatives, displaced individuals;
• Provide constant feedback to his/her supervisor on progress, lessons learnt, achievements, gaps, issues and problems also prepare and enusre the implementation of the daily/weekly/monthly work plan, in coordination with the CE manager;
• Support all monitoring, evaluation and learning activities including providing regular reports of activities to supervision, documenting feedback from beneficiaries, participating in lessons learned reviews and supporting internal and external evaluations of the CE activities;
• Supervise CE assistant and MSAs and ensure proper filling of HR documents such as attendance sheets and leave requests.
• Support procurement, logistics and finance in the preparation all contracts, documents and payment of CSPs.
To be successful in this role you must have univerisity degree or advanced degree in social studies, economics, community development or social entrepreneurship,at least 2 years of proven international/ or local experience in community empowerment
Ideally you will also have communication, interpersonal, representation, negotiation, promotion and diplomacy skills; specifically, with local partners and authorities.
An interesting job in one of the world’s best NGOs. DRC will offer the successful applicant a 3 month contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 1st of July 2016 and be willing and able to work in Bekaa.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National staff. This position will be placed at level C1, equivalent to USD 1,650 per month.
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or go to www.drc.ngo
and find Current Vacancies. All applicantsshould send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in the same language as the vacancy note.Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.
Applications close 10th of June 2016. The interviews are expected to take placethe week after.