Full Stack Web Developer
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
OHRM recognizes the importance of having accessible staff development programmes that support staff in the efficient and effective delivery of the work of the United Nations. OHRM aims to reconfigure existing face-to-face learning through better use of distance and blended learning approaches, targeted tools and guidance, thus bringing learning development opportunities to the 41,000 staff members serving the global Secretariat. Furthermore, OHRM is committed to providing advisory services on the development of distance and blended learning programmes for substantive and functional priorities to all departments and offices.
In this regard, the consultant will assist and support the newly formed e-learning/blended learning advisory services working group and its clients to develop planned web learning applications to support the overall OHRM Learning and Career Support Strategy 2014-2016. The consultant reports to the Staff Development Officer responsible to online advisory services.
Scope of work:
· Improve the information architecture of United Nation HR Portal, including:
Responsive and every page is mobile friendly
Implement the new design and branding from the web designer
Information is easy to find and searchable
Search engine optimization
Global Learning Calendar
Develop an online calendar tool for custom searching by clients based on type of course and duty station.
Global Learning Catalogue
Revise the current format.
· Maintain existing web and mobile applications:
Online preretirement programme (NodeJS/MongoDB)
UN Emergency Alerts Mobile App (iOS, Android)
Online Global Induction Platform (NodeJS/MongoDB)
UN Visa App (NodeJS/MongoDB)
Language Online Placement Test (NodeJS/MongoDB)
LCP Service Tracking Platform (NodeJS/MongoDB)
Reporting application for HR Insight (NodeJS/MongoDB)
· Develop the following web application:
Career coaching registration process
Pay and Benefits: an iOS and Android mobile application that aids staff in understanding changes in new compensation packages.
· Ad hoc activities
Participate in ad hoc projects and activities where full stack web development and/or mobile app development is required, as requested by managers in line with the section’s strategic framework.
· Develop and maintain the HR Portal on Drupal, including custom module development
· Maintain existing mobile application/s for the iOS platform (objective c/swift)
· Maintain existing mobile application/s for Android platfrom (java)
· Manage, develop complex databases and run analytical reports. Develop user analytics tools to monitor engagement and access to the web applications.
· 2 years of experience as a Drupal developer is required.
· Familiarity and experience in with MongoDB and NodeJS is required.
· Familiarity and experience in database development and management
· Familiarity in iOS and Android mobile app development
· Familiarity in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is an asset.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your Cover Letter, CV and 3 professional references.