Technical Director – Health Systems Strengthening
Mbale | Kampala
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Director – Health Systems Strengthening
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Director – Health Systems Strengthening for an anticipated USAID-funded integrated health services project in Eastern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, nutrition and TB services. The Technical Director – Health Systems Strengthening will provide technical oversight in the design and day-to-day management of the project.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Guide the integration of health systems strengthening liaising with the key technical areas of nutrition, HIV/AIDS, TB, maternal and child health.
- Provide technical leadership, TA and capacity building to strengthen integrated service delivery.
- Lead a team of expert technical staff responsible for day-to-day guidance and oversight of project activities in order to achieve project targets.
- Produce tools and materials to strengthen the capacity of staff and local partners to deliver quality integrated services.
- Monitor field activities and ensure timely completion of objectives.
- Produce and present papers at local, regional and international forums to share experiences and emerging best practices.
- Supervise and oversee a team of technical staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members.
- Develop/produce contractual deliverables (quarterly, annual, field project evaluations, etc.) in conjunction with other key staff and external evaluators.
- Keep abreast of global, regional and national developments in the field of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, nutrition and TB services.
- Contribute to maintaining a strong relationship with USAID and in-country stakeholders (at national and district levels).
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires 10+ years of project management experience within a relevant area.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Mbale | Kampala
- Grade: Senior - Internationally recruited position - Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Public Health and Health Service
- Operations and Administrations
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Closing Date: 2016-07-31