LIVELIHOOD AND GENDER OFFICER
DANISH REFUGEE COUNCIL INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF
LIVELIHOOD AND GENDER OFFICER (ADJUMANI)
DRC is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
In Uganda, DRC assists the refugees from neighbouring countries mainly DR Congo and South Sudan in the South West, West and West Nile region of the country. DRC’s assistance to refugees have been both emergency assistance to address the short term influxes from the neighbouring countries as well as to address the sustainable solutions for the refugees. DRC is also the lead of a Consortium (Save the Children, ZOA, and CEFORD) for the implementation of an EU Trust Fund project in Adjumani, Kiryandongo and Rhino camp.
The Livelihood and Gender officer supports the Livelihood and Gender Coordinator manager in the field implementation of the livelihood component in Adjumani settlement, Uganda. The Livelihood and Gender Officer will closely monitor the quality of the activities and ensure a close coordination with the authorities, other service providers and the community for the implementation of the activities.
- Under the supervision of the Livelihood and Gender Coordinator attend and represent the interests of DRC in all livelihood related meetings
- Attend and represent the interests of DRC in all Livelihood and Gender related meetings
- Actively coordinate within the jurisdiction of your responsibility
- Represent DRC with the Local Authorities and other stakeholders in the districts of jurisdiction.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting to ensure internal coordination with livelihood team and other sectors
- Contribute and actively participate in a regular sector meeting
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Contribute to concept and proposal development in the livelihood and Gender thematic areas
- Contribute to the gap analysis in the areas of Livelihoods and contribute in the development of new thematic areas according to analysis
- Responsible for day to day activity implementation through efficient and Effective way
- Contribute to the design of capacity building syllabus and materials and effectively implement the trainings at all level
- Manages the day-to-day livelihood activities, including activity finances while bearing in mind DRC’s/Donor financial regulations.
- Prepare weekly work plans for the team, submit it to the Livelihood and Gender Coordinator to circulate to the DRC Teams and ensure work plans are implemented as per the approved work plan.
- Monitor and document DRC’s livelihood activities.
- Prepare/contribute to weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, donor and other reports in the areas of livelihoods and environment
- Supervise Livelihood and Gender Assistants
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the livelihood staff members and community based mechanisms in Adjumani operational area as needed.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits to support field staffs - mentoring - through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers
- Support the Livelihood and Gender Coordinator to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against the budget and provide timely feedback on budget follow ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different clusters.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure the delivery of supplies
- Contribute to grants management of all livelihood / Gender projects through management of day to day project expenditures
The Livelihood / Gender Officer reports to the Livelihood / Gender Coordinator. In absence of the Livelihood and Gender Coordinator, the Livelihood and Gender Officer reports to the Area Manager.
- Degree in Agro-business Management, Enterprise Management, business development or other related field with in depth understanding of rural poverty and vulnerability issues.
- At least 3 year work experience in similar position.
- Excellent knowledge in preparing major international donor reports.
- Knowledge and experience of working with multiple Donors
- Possess strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proven commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Proven ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations.
Conditions for the position
- The Position is contract based.
- The position is field based with Occasional travel to Kampala
- Remuneration and benefits are as per DRC Uganda standard salary scale and benefit package.
Expected start date: Immediately.
Application and CV
Applications should be in English and include the following:
1. A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and salary expectations.
2. Concise and accurate CV (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualification, relevant training courses, Work experience, name and contact details of 3 relevant references.
We only accept online applications. Go to www.drc.dk > About DRC > Vacancies > Current Vacancies and find the job on the list and press the apply button.
The deadline for submission of applications is the 24th June 2016 2359hrs
We thank applicants for their interest in the position however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have problems uploading your application, please contact email@example.com.