New Business Manager (Switzerland and Lichtenstein), Trusts & Foundations
Post Title: New Business Manager (Switzerland and Lichtenstein), Trusts & Foundations
Reports to: Head New Business, Trusts and Foundations Team, Oxfam GB
Responsible for: Manages consultants, agencies and interns as needed
Location: Switzerland (travel to Oxfam House, Oxford, UK).
Annual Salary: Salary and package in line with Oxfam values
Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn't inevitable. In just 15 years, extreme poverty has been halved. 15 more years and we can end it for good. To spread that change and make it last, political solutions are also needed to tackle the root causes of poverty and create societies where empowered individuals can thrive. We will always act, we will speak out, and we won't live with poverty.
Purpose of Role
This is an exciting new position in a high-performing and ambitious team. The role is responsible for building relationships with Foundations and individuals of high net worth in Switzerland and Lichtenstein as a key element of our income growth strategy. The incumbent will deliver new long term partnerships and income to Oxfam and maintain and grow existing partnerships. The candidate will bring a modern approach to fundraising in this market, seeking to cultivate new relationships via networking, external face-to-face meetings and excellent cultivation and stewardship whilst working to raise the profile of Oxfam’s work in Switzerland, supported by colleagues in Oxfam House.
To be a success in this role you need to be ready to hit the ground running. You are a tenacious business developer who loves the thrill of securing new partnerships; you know when to bring in senior colleagues to help you do this. You are a self-starter with great ability to work remotely from the core team. As part of the Trusts & Foundations team based in Oxfam House, travel to Oxford will be required – more at the start of your career with us to support training and help you get to know Oxfam, settling into a pattern of visiting up to once every two months. This post is being recruited initially for a 2 year period. The contract for employment will be subject to receipt of permission to work in Switzerland.
· Manage a portfolio of partners and donors to secure and grow income as per business plan targets for Switzerland.
· Support the Head of New Business to develop and build the business development strategy, to increase income from Foundations and individuals of high net worth based in Switzerland and Lichtenstein.
· Be ambitious and proactive in identifying, understanding, presenting to and negotiating with potential partners and donors.
· Take all opportunities to network externally, often at a senior level, and raise the profile of Oxfam with prospective Foundation funders.
· Seek face to face opportunities to build strong personal relationships and networks.
· Work with Oxfam’s CEO, Leadership Team and trustees to support the delivery of new business.
· Work closely with Oxfam affiliate counterparts to ensure the fundraising processes are followed, and to maximise opportunities across the confederation.
· Monitor internal and external developments that could affect funding from foundations in the philanthropic and business communities in the region.
· Participate in overseas visits with partners and programmes, particularly to support the development of proposals or establishment of new contracts.
· Identify funding opportunities and develop a deep understanding of a potential donor’s interest that assures appropriate top quality proposals are submitted at the right time.
· Through in-depth research and/or personal knowledge of grant-making organisations, lead the identification process of potential funders in the region that align with Oxfam funding priorities. Lead organisation-wide projects to deliver income for Oxfam.
· Work closely with the Supporter Research and Cultivation Team to research and cultivate new partners, and ensure key trends, competitor analysis and other market data is tracked.
Proposal and Grant Writing
· Lead and coordinate the process to generate proposals (writing, submitting, and stewarding them as required), working with information in varied formats/sources and which relate to the work of more than one unit, department and Division. Ensure grant reporting deadlines are met.
· Develop, write and present proposals to match funder interests
· Oversee the case for support and project work presented to international donors and prospects in order to assure an appropriate matching of donor’s expectations and assure deliverable monitoring and reporting formats.
· Record contact with potential partners/partners to Oxfam requirements and Data Protection Act standards with a high level of accuracy.
Relationship building and Engagement
· Develop and build a strong and extensive network that will generate knowledge, insight and information that will lead to contact with potential donors.
· Build and maintain effective relationships with partners and prospects through thoughtful cultivation and stewardship, working with senior Oxfam colleagues and programme staff, as appropriate.
· Build Oxfam’s reputation by representing Oxfam externally with confidence and gravitas in respect of its programme generally, and fundraising strategy.
· Resolve diverse problems which are occasionally complex and may be varied in nature.
· Ensure high quality stewardship of new strategic partnerships, across Oxfam which may include field visits.
· At least three years of fundraising experience with a strong track record of successfully securing 6 figure-plus donations.
· Experience of arranging donor events.
· Familiarity with, and insight into, the ways of working within communities of HNWIs and foundations in Switzerland and Lichtenstein.
· Project management experience (involving people and coordinating activities across and between departments).
· Experience of independent working – operating within a team but managed remotely.
· Experience of senior internal and external engagement which have led to the inception of new relationships/partnerships.
· Familiarity with the European Foundations Market.
· Knowledge of and commitment to Oxfam’s work.
· Bi-lingual with English and either German or French as native or equivalent speaker. Ideally tri-lingual (English/French/German/Italian).
Skills and Competencies
· Ability to lead discussions, at a multidisciplinary, cross organisation level, about the best approach to a potential partner.
· An entrepreneurial approach, ability to take the initiative and to fail fast when necessary.
· Attention to detail – tracking and recording the progress of a relationship in accordance with Oxfam’s standards.
· Excellent interpersonal and writing skills.
· Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
· Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical ability on complex problems.
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY to Zoe Oldham email@example.com .
Ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “*your name* cover letter” and “*your name* CV”. Please put "Oxfam – Trusts and Foundations Manager” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 17th July 2016, 18.00 GMT
Initial Skype Interviews will take place between the 20th and 29th July
- Organization: Oxfam GB
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-17