Technical Director, Knowledge Mgmt. Library Systems
California | Washington D.C
World Vision (WV) is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Technical Director, Knowledge Mgmt. Library Systems you will be responsible for the governance of global World Vision (WV) library system policies, programs and service initiatives.
You will lead the implementation and guides the operations of the library functions of WV and wvcentral and provides expert assistance and guidance relating to library functions to National, Regional, Support, and Global Center offices and all Communities of Practice. Conduct industry analysis of best practices and technical innovations and leads the global WV implementations of changes to the library systems. Personally develop the strategic planning, policy, and guidance for all WV library functions and activities to ensure alignment with WV corporate strategies and policies. Is the subject matter expert and representative for WV on any library systems liaisons between WV and external partners, vendors, and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of increasingly responsible professional library experience. Supervision of professional or technical staff and vendors highly desirable.
- 3 years of experience working in a SharePoint 2013 environment with specific experience managing the SharePoint library. Working knowledge of other support platforms highly desirable.
- 1 year of experience working in a professional records management or similar environment.
- Prior experience managing library and records management staff highly desired.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 July 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: California | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Library Science
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-04