Technical Advisor I
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is recruiting a Clinical Advisor to provide technical and scientific leadership to those designing and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in the clinical management of HIV/AIDS. Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence- based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Builds capacity in country-level, regional or global program staff. Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program, regional, or global levels as appropriate. May be required to coordinate and work with a diverse group of organizations, such as; the Ministry of Health, district health staff, international and national development partner organizations, and the USAID mission in order to complete work.
Location: The preferred location for this position is Nigeria or Zambia. Other locations in Sub-Saharan Africa may be considered.**
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, with a focus on strategies, approaches and implementation of FHI 360 programs in Africa.
- Provides technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management capacity building in the region.
- Develops strategies for the design and implementation of the HIV related clinical care programs, including PMTCT, in the Africa Region.
- Develops and supports implementation plans to strengthen local infrastructure with particular focus on HIV related clinical care in FHI 360 programs in Africa.
- Ensures and conducts the training of relevant staff in HIV related clinical care in the region.
- Supports the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
- Develops evaluation strategies for HIV related clinical care indicators.
- Supervises and provides technical support for Clinical Care/Technical Staff in delivery of HIV related clinical care including antiretroviral therapy and PMTCT.
- Liaises with national and international institutions in the delivery of HIV related clinical care.
- Remains informed on current programs in HIV care and support by review of current literature and information and is alert to any implications of new data for FHI 360 global programs.
- Develops lessons learned from programs and projects related to HIV clinical care and treatment and apply these lessons to modify existing program and improve the design of new programs.
- Supports documentation and publication of experience from HIV supported programs
- Supports integration of PMTCT in routine maternal, neonatal and child health services
- Represents FHI 360 in HIV related Regional meetings as needed.
- Responsible for sharing best practices in the field of HIV/AIDS clinical care and contributing to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- MD is required. Master’s of Public Health (MPH) or other Master’s Degree in relevant field is desired.
- 8-10 Years of relevant experience in management and technical guidance of large public health projects and/or programs.
- Solid knowledge of standards for HIV Clinical Care, operational processes and procedures. , work and task flow.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR programs in Sub-Saharan Africa is strongly desired.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluency in French or Portuguese desirable.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
- Travel Requirements: 20% - 35% This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please apply via the following link: https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs/16528/technical-advisor-i/job
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Lusaka (Zambia)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-07-15