Digital Content Producer (Chinese)
New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
Rationale and context of the assignment:
The Digital Strategy Section (DSS) within the Division of Communication comprises Web, Social Media and Multimedia teams working together to create compelling public-facing content and to provide digital services within the organization. Through multiple platforms and in multiple languages, DSS draws attention to the many facets of UNICEF’s work, encouraging public support, participation and action, as well as ensuring greater transparency and accountability.
Web stories, blog entries, photo essays, Facebook posts, Twitter campaigns, and videos for distribution via UNICEF.org, YouTube, news media and other outlets and platforms – all are a part of our digital storytelling. By measuring and testing our efforts, we also use data to inform content and engagement choices.
DSS seeks to hire a consultant Digital Content Producer (Chinese). The consultant is responsible for daily production of unicef.org/chinese and coordination of the Chinese-language version of the new global blogging platform, as well as collaboration on UNICEF’s social platforms in Chinese. Included is strategic localization of content, coordination of production, as well as publication, placement and uploading onto RSS and video feeds. A core function is to support localization, as part of UNICEF’s multi-year digital transformation. This work cannot be done internally because of the lack of staff capacity.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
- Make daily production updates to unicef.org/chinese
- Work with translators to ensure quality and uniform content delivery
- Work with Web editorial, development and design teams to build Web pages to UNICEF and DSS specifications
- Carry out all aspects of page production, including formatting text, placing video, optimizing images for the Web, rendering artwork containing text in Chinese
- Collaborate with colleagues across DSS, providing support as necessary, e.g. voiceovers, video scripts, graphics, marketing, social media
- Contribute to the normative work of the team, including reporting
- Coordinate with Regional and Country Offices and National Committees, serving as a focal point for all Chinese content for the global website and global blog
- Log and raise technical issues with content management system (CMS) and related production technology with technical team
- Collaborate on UNICEF Chinese social media platforms, in collaboration with other social media coordinators and community managers
- Post press releases in Chinese
- Carry out production and coordination for special projects
- Work primarily in OpenText (RedDot) CMS, light HTML, and use other programs as required, including Adobe Photoshop
- Be on rotational call weekends and holidays, as part of section coverage plan
- May be required to travel
- Perform other tasks, as required
Qualifications or specialized knowledge/experience required:
- Fluent in Chinese, have a good management of English and excellent translation skills
- University degree in communication or in another field relevant to UNICEF's work
- Good communication skills
- Five years of experience in a media or new media environment
- Content management experience
- Social media experience
- Ability to coordinate Web content professionally
- Proficient in HTML and image optimization (Adobe Photoshop)
- Detail-oriented, creative, able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- CMS, especially OpenText (RedDot), is highly desirable
- Experience with Wordpress is desirable
- Web and graphic design experience are a plus
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 July 2016. When sending to this mailbox, please ensure that the position you are applying for, ‘**Digital Content Producer (Chinese)**, is quoted on the subject line. Applicants MUST submit their resume along with a signed and dated (not typed) UNICEF P-11. Please send details of the daily fee/rate (in USD) you are willing to accept for the performance of this job. Please state whether negotiable or non-negotiable. To download P11: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/Personal_History_P11.doc
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted. Non-U.S. citizens must be in possession of a G4 visa or become a US permanent resident/citizen before the contract begins.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: New York City (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Closing Date: 2016-07-04