Program Officer II, Knowledge Management
Washington D.C. (United States of America)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Program Officer II, Knowledge Management in Washington, DC.
LIFT II is a global technical assistance project that provides strategic support to US government agencies, their implementing partners, and other public, private and civil society partners. LIFT II strengthens the continuum of care for people living with HIV (PLHIV), Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their households by integrating economic strengthening, livelihoods and food security services with Nutrition Assessment, Counseling and Support (NACS). LIFT II accomplishes this integration through referral networks which link vulnerable clients and their households from clinical to community based services, and vice versa.
The USAID Global Health Bureau’s Office of HIV/AIDS (OHA) established the LIFT II project as an Associate Award under the FIELD-Support Leader with Associates (LWA) Cooperative Agreement, managed by FHI 360. LIFT II is a five-year project (2013-2018) that draws together leading organizations with expertise in the areas of economic strengthening, livelihoods support and food security. Under LIFT II, FHI 360 partners with Care International (CARE) and World Vision to provide high-impact technical assistance to United States Government (USG) country teams and their implementing partners offering technical leadership and strategic learning to the field of livelihood strengthening and food security as a whole.
The Program Officer will support the implementation of LIFT II’s knowledge management strategy. This includes supporting internal and external KM for LIFT II and contributing to a range of in-person and virtual events, publications, reports, guidance tools, and other forms of knowledge sharing. S/he will collect, compile, and analyze information relevant to the program and provide guidance and support to communication efforts related to program management and execution. The Program Officer will ensure compliance with internal and external regulations, and s/he will work with the Project Manager and other technical staff to ensure completion of key deliverables while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements. S/he will participate in the development of work plans, prepare presentations, and support other related program objectives.
Additionally, within the LIFT II staff structure, all team members play a role in country-level activities. Thus, the Program Officer will also provide programmatic assistance to the management of project implementation at the country level. S/he will provide guidance and support to ongoing administrative and operational processes related to key activity areas, such as procurement, recruitment and project management.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provides technical assistance and support to programs.
- Collects, complies, and analyzes information relevant to programs.
- Provides administrative and project support, in addition to communication efforts related to program management and execution.
- Ensures compliance with internal and external regulations. Monitors budget for programs and develops monitoring system for reviewing project status.
- Ensures completion of program while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
- Develops/Reviews work plans, prepares presentations, and supports other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Provides support to program management such as troubleshooting, updates work plans, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
- Tracks performance against Financial Cost Objective (FCO) ID, project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables.
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquires and monitoring project websites.
- Designs, implements, and coordinates specific program activities and may conduct research to achieve program goals.
- Works with Project Manager and assists with developing budgets, proposals, managing grants, project materials, and information.
- Collects, complies and analyzes information relevant to the program.
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports on a quarterly basis.
- Provides technical assistance and support to program.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with program management, US Government rules and regulations.
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
- International or Domestic (US) Program Development or Program management preferred.
- May travel 10%-25% of time
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with program design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and demonstrated program/project management skills.
- Ability to problem solves and implements corrective action as needed.
- Ability to prepare reports and provide information to management in a timely matter.
FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Washington D.C. (United States of America)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Education, Learning and Training
- Operations and Administrations
- Closing Date: 2016-07-31