Portland (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
The People and Strategy Team ensures that Mercy Corps has the people, strategies and learning that will enable it to be a world-class, cutting edge, humanitarian organization, creating transformational change in the world. We do this through: the recruitment, retention and development of the best global talent. Our aim is to drive strategic thinking and planning at all levels of the organization; create a robust body of research to guide us internally and externally and steward the organizational culture. To achieve this we align conversations on learning; keep the organization focused on what has the greatest impact; leverage our comparative advantages in the crowded and competitive international relief and development landscape; and assure we are constantly learning from our work and the external environment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
We are seeking a high energy individual who is an exceptional relationship builder, is comfortable in a fast paced environment and has a creative approach to sourcing talent. The Recruitment Advisor (RA) ensures timely and quality recruitment for US and international positions. S/he is part of the highly functioning Talent Acquisition team and will manage full cycle recruiting for an assigned portfolio including sourcing, targeted advertising, screening, interviewing, reference checking and final negotiations for open positions in his/her portfolio. All work will be accomplished in a spirit of partnership and service with the relevant hiring managers. S/he will also initiate and implement strategic projects that are aligned with Mercy Corps' key initiatives. S/he will implement industry “best practices” and recruit for talent that will support Mercy Corps' organizational culture, agency strategy while perpetuating Mercy Corps' position as an employer of choice.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take ownership for the recruiting, sourcing and identification of talent for positions as assigned.
- Work effectively across multiple levels within the agency for US and international roles.
- Work collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team to support priority recruiting needs during peak times.
- Provide responsive, high-quality customer service to candidates with added care for internal or former team members.
Orient and train hiring team on our leadership competency model and how to effectively select talent.
Identify and conduct targeted outreach and sourcing and effectively leverage internal and external networks.
Leverage internal and external talent pipelines to meet critical field needs.
Act as professional adviser to hiring teams in the definition of position descriptions, salary ranges in compliance with the industry and organization's nomenclature.
Demonstrate patience, and grace under pressure and maintain a team-player mindset.
Manage executive or other referrals in a timely and sensitive manner as required.
- Contribute to the development of “people” by participating in initiatives in support of larger People and Strategy team.
- Advance the agency's aim to have a global team that is representative of the places where we work.
- Identify cutting edge trends and best practices that can be incorporated into existing efforts including use of new technology to reach talent.
- Champion special projects per year that advance Talent Acquisition or People and Strategy mandate.
- Provide recruitment support to our HR counterparts in country offices on systems and processes including support during rapid growth periods.
- Support efforts to strengthen Mercy Corps' value proposition as an employer of choice.
Organizational Learning: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries: Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Sr Director Global Talent
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Talent Acquisition Team, Global HR Resources, Learning and Development, Regional Program Team, Senior Leadership Team, Finance, all HQ and Field teams as required
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resources, business administration, social science or relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience managing full cycle recruitment/talent acquisition with a minimum of 2 years involving international contexts and candidates preferred.
- Experience negotiating with candidates.
- Advanced experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies aligned with organizational initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to create, implement, maintain and improve recruitment strategies and systems in a high-volume context.
- Demonstrated passion staffing in international relief and development environments.
- Ability to communicate and problem-solve effectively across diverse cultures and geography with sensitivity.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Language skills in French, Spanish, or Arabic strongly preferred.
The successful Recruitment Advisor will be proactive in developing and maintaining productive professional relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders within the organization and throughout the international relief and development community. S/he will possess the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, while remaining focused on the quality of relationships. S/he will be able to work effectively and collaboratively, as a member of a highly visible team, whose performance is key to the enduring success of Mercy Corps, while being flexible, resilient, always possessing sound judgment and maintaining a good sense of humor.
LIVING /ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
This position is based in Portland. Work on weekends and evenings, and periodic international travel to the field may be required. Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Portland (United States of America) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid level - Internationally recruited position
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-07-23