Information Management Officer (CCCM)
Position Title : Information Management Officer (Camp Coordination and
Camp Management (CCCM))
Duty Station : Yangon, Myanmar
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 07 July 2016
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Cabo Verde, Czech
Republic, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Suriname, El Salvador, Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), and direct supervision of the Programme Manager (Emergency, Preparedness, and Post Crisis) in Myanmar, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, coordination, supervision and implementation of information management activities in relation to IOs humanitarian response to displacement, including support on Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster Information Management activities, the implementation of Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), Disaster Risk Reduction, and other IOM programming as required.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Plan, design, implement and supervise an integrated mechanism for data and information management across all activities to ensure effective and efficient processes and data flows that deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes.
In close coordination with the ITC team in Manila, supervise and support functionality design and development of relevant information systems, including the CCCM portal, the DTM portal and application tools, and other databases required to manage the implementation of
information management mechanisms.
Supervise data collection processes in offices and overall data management activities including encoding, storing, processing and support to the analysis of the collected data and information.
Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
Identify data and information gaps relevant to the emergency response operation and prepare or contribute to the preparation of project proposals aiming to address such needs.
Develop and conduct training modules for stakeholders as required for the implementation of information management mechanisms to ensure a smooth roll out.
Provide technical advice to the information management staff in the hubs; provide solutions and strategic direction; facilitate planning, and monitoring of compliance to standards.
Participate in the Cluster Information Management Working Group and other relevant working groups. Support liaison with external partners as well as other IOM organizational units in relation to information management needs and coordination.
Hire, mentor, and train national information management colleagues, and mentor these information management colleagues to train other humanitarian partners and develop training materials for information management capacity building.
Support effective implementation of Displacement Tracking projects; ensure regular monitoring as per agreed timelines; prepare project status and progress reports.
Promote the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping by ensuring data collection has relevance to GIS coding.
Develop and enhance the integrated methodology for data collection and information packing as required and needed by programmes.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Masters degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Media or Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in Information Management; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products;
• Experience in emergency and recovery humanitarian operations; and familiarity with the humanitarian cluster systems;
• Knowledge in open source Geographical Information System applications;
• depth knowledge of the latest technological developments in information technology and information system;
• Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building and consensual
• Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
• Ability to formulate related technical requirements and Operating Procedures;
• Ability to translate specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
• Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
• Experience with handling confidential data;
• Demonstrated building and information management skills;
• Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
• Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
• Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills;
• Working experience within the Asia Pacific region is an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Burmese is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM Recruitment system, by 07 July 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM recruitment system.
From 24.06.2016 to 07.07.2016
Requisition: VN 2016/137 (P) - Information Management Officer (CCCM) (P3) - Yangon, Myanmar
Posting: Posting NC54822145 (54822145) Released
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Yangon (Myanmar)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-07