Business Development Specialist- Strategic Information and Operations
Arlington | Washington D.C
The Business Development Specialist for Strategic Information and Operations' (BDS-SIO) primary responsibilities are the tracking and communicating of intelligence on and announcements of new business opportunities to relevant stakeholders across MSH's four levels (Corporate, Technical Groups, Country, and Project) and supporting and monitoring operations associated with the Business Resources & Development (BRD) Unit.
S/he plays a critical role in keeping MSH up-to-date on shifting market and customer trends as they relate to organizational practices, priority technical and health areas, and target funders. The BDS-SIO routinely monitors news sites and other public sources for strategic information, maintaining MSH's corporate business information systems and communicating information to stakeholders in a timely manner.
S/he provides support to MSH leadership through the management of business development information systems and monitoring and planning for business development financial activities. S/he ensures compliance with all business development and MSH policies and processes, particularly those associated with procurement of goods and services.
Strategic Information Tracking and Communications (Daily) – 50%
- Track and share new business opportunities and events of interest.
- Monitor news sites and other sources for timely strategic information to be shared with the four levels of leadership at MSH (Corporate, Technical Groups, Country, and Project).
- Maintain business development information, working closely with others to ensure intelligence on competitors, partners, projects, and funders are saved appropriately.
- Assist with research and analysis of countries, funders, business opportunities, projects and programs.
- Maintain comprehensive guidelines for new business tracking at MSH and train staff in tracking as required.
- Coordinate with other MSH departments including the Global Marketing, Partnerships, and Communications team and MSH's Technical Groups to ensure coverage of priority funders.
- Attend and report out on events of interest to MSH's new business priorities.
New Business Operations – 30%
- Oversee maintenance of updated information related to business development activities in appropriate systems for MSH, including Serenic Navigator and Salesforce. Manage Salesforce and processes to ensure high quality data is maintained for contacts and opportunity management. Provide training to new staff on use of Salesforce and maintain Salesforce training materials and process documentation.
- Create and monitor LOE and expense charging codes for approved new business activities.
- Manage the contracting and payment of consultants for new business activities as needed.
- Manage the procurement of goods and services for BRD as needed.
- Coordinate timely timesheet submission for BRD.
- Provide technical and planning support for new business meetings, including those dedicated to building team morale. Organize unit retreats and other BRD-wide events as required.
- Working closely with the BD Director, coordinate the development of training plans for new BRD hires, including development of individual orientation plans.
Work planning and Financial Management – 20%
- Facilitate the development of annual operating work plans in support of the MSH Strategic Roadmap (SRM) and develop status reports on annual indicators for the SRM (qualitative and quantitative) to MSH leadership as required.
- Lead in developing, overseeing, and monitoring the BRD budget.
- Provide MSH leadership with financial analyses of new business activities, including supporting the development of the Technical Groups' quarterly new business development reports.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Public Administration (MPA) or equivalent with interest in international public health desirable.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven capacity to work independently and ability to initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize large volumes of information quickly and communicate main points to relevant stakeholders.
- Strong communications, interpersonal, and English language skills required; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a team and foster a collaborative spirit, with a good sense of humor and the ability to create positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, allocate, and manage resources for a business unit.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced computer skills using databases and Microsoft Office Suite applications (especially Word and Excel) with the ability to learn new software packages. Experience with Salesforce desirable.
- Willingness to be responsive to requests and assignments with short turn-around.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality about sensitive personnel matters, including salary, is required.
- Foreign language capabilities in French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic are a plus.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Business Development Director, Atlas Business Resources & Development Unit
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Arlington | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- External Relations
- Closing Date: 2016-07-25