Deputy Chief of Party
Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated HIV/AIDS Program (IHAP) project in the DRC. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, Family Planning and TB services. The Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party with overall strategic, programmatic, and technical direction to ensure successful project implementation.
The position will be based in Lubumbashi and will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Support project initiatives to increase utilization and delivery of high quality, high impact health interventions and services.
- Support project initiatives to scale up access and use of essential package of services as well as other key health priorities identified by USAID.
- Review project deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement and meeting the targets.
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of the service delivery annual work plans.
- Together with the COP ensure timely, high-quality and complete submission of work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID.
- Develop program and financial management systems, policies, procedures and tools to design, implement, monitor, and improve program operations, and document/disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Work with the COP to develop and nurture positive coordination and collaboration with the partner organizations.
- Leverage support from other government sectors for the Project’s work in collaboration with the COP
- Meet regularly with USAID to share progress, accomplishments, and challenges in partnership with the COP. Liaise regularly with USAID on the current and future strategic direction, and act on behalf of COP when delegated this authority.
- Ensure financial and grants management compliance with FHI 360 and USAID rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required (advanced degree preferred) in health management, business administration, public health or related field preferred;
- Minimum eight years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility in designing, managing and implementing complex, large scale health programs involving multiple stakeholders and implementing partners;
- Depth and breadth of relevant experience in implementing comprehensive HIV programs and related capacity strengthening, including comprehensive knowledge of HIV prevention, care, and treatment; TB/HIV co-infection ,MNCH and Family Planning;
- Demonstrated experience in program administration, financial oversight, award contractual compliance, and sub-award management;
- Familiarity with USG regulations and administrative procedures in the implementation of donor assisted projects; Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with senior-level colleagues, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID and donor organizations;
Prior successful experience as a Deputy Chief of Party;
Ability to work independently and manage various tasks in a team setting on a daily basis;
Bilingual – English and French;
Ability to work with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Strong organizational and communication skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law. **
- Organization: FHI 360 - Family Health International
- Location: Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Project and Programme Management
- Closing Date: 2016-07-31