Contract Manager (HQ)
Salary range: Competitive based on the Swedish market
Start date: As soon as possible
Duty station: Stockholm, Sweden
Application deadline: 15 August 2016
Contract type: Full-time, Permanent Employment (with 6 months' probation period)
SEI is recruiting a Contract Manager at SEI headquarters in Stockholm. The successful candidate will be responsible for the institute’s contract portfolio, reviewing project contracts and negotiating terms and conditions with the clients and funders. The position also entails drafting and negotiating contracts with collaborating partners and subcontractors.
The successful candidate will also have the interest and ability to build appropriate systems for contract compliance, including keeping track of e.g. invoicing and reporting.
In addition the position will also be responsible for SEI procurement procedures, and (in collaboration with the rest of the finance team) support to the organisation in project budgeting and financial reporting.
The position requires excellent language skills in both Swedish and English languages. You will be part of the finance team in Stockholm which currently consists of five persons, and you will also regularly communicate with the other SEI centers. An important part of the position will be to collaborate with the SEI research and project management employees within our projects. SEI offers a highly international work environment with a wide variety of projects and funders.
The position is full time employment at the Stockholm Environment Institute, located at its headquarters in Stockholm. The successful candidate will report directly to SEI’s Financial Director.
The Contract Manager will focus on the following main tasks:
- Reviewing and negotiating project contracts;
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with collaborators and subcontractors;
- Developing and managing different types of standardized contract templates for SEI;
- Improving routines for contract compliance, invoicing and reporting;
- Due diligence procedures for new collaborators and subcontractors;
- Procurement procedures;
- Supporting project budgeting and reporting.
- 5+ years relevant experience working with contracts;
- 5+ years relevant experience of financial reporting;
- An academic degree in law, business, economics, or accounting;
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Swedish;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in MS Excel;
Other desirable qualifications
- Experience of intellectual property rights;
- Experience of working in a knowledge based organization or consultancy.
- Organization: SEI - Stockholm Environment Institute
- Location: Stockholm (Sweden)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-15
Nairobi | Kenya (Kenya)
Multiple locations (Various)
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
Bambari | Bangui (Central African Republic)