DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Tbilisi (Georgia) | Washington D.C.
CARE is seeking a Director of Business Management who will plays a key management role in overseeing and setting the strategic direction of the business component of CARE’s USG proposal development. He/She will oversee the cost proposal development process assuring that CBU’s cost proposal function is competent and efficient and that all budgets/financial plans for USG, comply with all CARE regulations and policies. In addition, this position is responsible in ensuring that CARE's proposal submissions - a total estimated/anticipated value of up to $500,000,000 annually - are accurate, competitive, complete and timely. Furthermore, the Director is responsible for managing the CBU operations (including management of proposal resources), distribution and analysis of funding opportunities, managing CARE’s USG proposal information as well as complete and accurate proposal submissions. The Director is also responsible in managing successful proposals through leading the negotiations of resulting grants/cooperative agreements and contracts at the award stage, in coordination with the CARE business units and Donor Compliance and Assurance Unit (DCAU), on behalf of CBU. These awards is anticipated to be at a total estimated value of up to $175,000,000 annually.
This position leads a specialized team and supervises the Cost Proposal Coordinator, Cost Proposal Specialist and the Proposal Development Officer and will closely coordinate with the Senior Director of Competitive Bids Unit (CBU). Furthermore, the Director will assume a direct role as the Cost Proposal Lead for major submissions in excess of $50,000,000 life of project budget. The Director will also serve as principal point of contact within CBU on all pre-award fiduciary matters.
- Supervise the Cost Proposal Coordinator and Cost Proposal Specialist and ensure that CBU’s cost proposal function is competent and efficient. Supervise the proposal development officer to ensure that distribution and analysis of USG funding opportunities are timely and complete and information are monitored efficiently including data in AIMS. Oversee proposal submissions ensuring that submissions are done timely and accurately
- Oversee the cost proposal development process ensuring efficient management and coordination as well as appropriate coverage on live and upcoming opportunities as appropriate. Responsible in ensuring that CARE’s USG cost proposals, valued at a total estimate amount of up to $500 million annually are accurate, competitive, complete and timely.
- Lead the review and negotiation of agreements, contracts, and sub-agreements with partners and handover to the operational unit in coordination with DCAU. Advise on language, conditionality, processes, and negotiation strategies. When CARE USA is a CARE Member Partner, lead the award process and negotiations in behalf of the country office and the Regional Management Unit. Coordinate the processing of IPIAs and handover to the RMU and DCAU.
- Oversee the capacity building of CARE staff in improving budgeting and proposal development skills, and knowledge of donor regulations. Lead the development and implementation of cost/business proposal development training for appropriate HQ and Country Office staff in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for contracts, and OMB Circulars for grants.
- Stay abreast of changes in donor regulations and collaborate with legal department, Donor Compliance and Assurance Unit and other departments as appropriate on USG compliance issues. Act as the resource person on compliance with USG rules and regulations. Liase with SLT, Finance and Legal on policy implementation and issues within CARE including but not limited to monitoring subcontract submission for CAS compliance. Directly collaborate with Regional Directors on fiduciary issues.
- Manages CBU's budget as well as strategic allocation of proposal development resources subject to CBU Senior Director approval. Monitor relevant AOP activities and report progress. Provide support to the CBU Senior Director by facilitating appropriate solutions to issues identified within the CBU team, ensuring that CBU operates efficiently and follows organizational protocols and policies. Approves CBU operational expenses and organizational certifications to USG related to bids
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of grant/contract experience
- 7 years of budget development experience
- 7 years of financial analytical experience and proven skills
- 10 years of experience coordinating proposal development activities
- Familiarities with U.S. Government grant and contract regulations, including the FAR
- Ability to work effectively with others on a team and proven team skills
- Clear writing and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office application
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=3199
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Tbilisi (Georgia) | Washington D.C.
- Grade: Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position - Mid/Senior level
- Project and Programme Management
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Closing Date: 2016-07-15