CCCM Project Coordinator (National Post), Baghdad - Iraq
Norwegian Refugee Council is operating in Iraq since 2010 to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable people affected by on-going conflict in the region. It has its country office in Erbil, KR-I and has area offices in Erbil, Dohuk, Kirkuk and Baghdad. The operations are expanding and a new sub office in Anbar is being set up.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the CCCM Coordinator position is to implement project portfolio. NRC implements a project in which vulnerable displaced households in informal collective centers are assisted. The CCCM Coordinator will lead several NRC’s Mobile Response Teams (MRT) which aim to enable a liveable environment for displaced populations in informal collective centres and camps.
- Generic Responsibilities:
- Line management of Team Leaders and Officers
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines as well Government rules and regulations
- Contribute to Site Management strategy development, concept notes, project proposals, budgets and provide input on needs and gaps
- Manage and implement delegated portfolio of projects (activities, budget, plan of Action, and project documentation) as delegated from PM in line with proposals, objectives, strategies and donor requirements while ensuring high technical quality
- Provide regular progress reports to PM (AM and Specialist if no PM) and input into Donor reports as requested
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components of programming
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist PM in the development of work plans for project activities and ensure that work plans are adhered to throughout implementation
- Ensure that gender and protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all staff
- Collaborate with teams from other CC’s to ensure that project beneficiaries are provided with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the beneficiaries specific and self-identified needs.
- In this project the Project Coordinator (PC) will (now or in the future) directly line manage, including performance management: Team Leaders and Officer, and indirectly Assistants (both technical as community mobilizers)
- Ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with the allocated budget
- Manage and supervise risk assessments and safety audits to ensure the safety of the teams and the site population, and advise and assist in developing joint site risk management plans
- Monitor multi-sector needs and service provision and the overall condition of all of the sites including shelter, WASH, environment and cross-cutting services and the application of a participatory approach to identify, analyse and prioritise the needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps. In order to do so visit the sites at least monthly
- Establish, strengthen and monitor an effective, transparent and representative site governance system including coordination of service provision (camp management)
- Promote and facilitate accountability toward beneficiary populations through setting up of a complaints and feedback mechanism.
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience managing all aspects of Shelter project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic. Knowledge of additional local dialects is a plus.
- Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- At least two years in project management in an emergency setting or development work
- Strong experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration
- Strong experience in planning, design, management and implementation of emergency shelters in Iraq, including distributions and assessments
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience in coordinating with NGOs, community organizations, community leaders, UN Agencies and government officials
- Proven skills and experience in (contributing to) concept note, proposal and report writing
- Valid driving license (incl. manual gearbox)
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Civil engineering / construction
- Engineering sciences & technology
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Behavioral competencies:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering
- Pro-active, goal-oriented and results driven
- The post is for five (5) months contract duration, with possible extension. The starting salary for this position is IQD: 3,374,200 (monthly) and health insurance.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Baghdad, 010
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-07-14
P-3, International Professional