FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Research Director, Strengthening Multi-sectoral Nutrition Programming through Implementation Science
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
The Research Director will be responsible for overall management and coordination of the activity’s implementation science research activities and staff. The main functions will be to provide direction, oversight, planning, and high-level technical guidance on the implementation science and research conducted by the project.
- Directs and leads implementation of research projects thru approved work plans, budgets and ensures compliance with procedures and policies.
- Serves as primary point of contact on matters related to Implementation science research and/or monitoring and evaluation on the project
- Develops budgets for research activities and plans course of action from initiation to completion of project
- Oversees a team of research, monitoring, and evaluation staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members
- Builds capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in implementation science research and learning methods, project monitoring and evaluation, and data collection and management
- Ensures research implementation adheres to USAID, FHI 360, and international policies and standards and remains technically and ethically sound.
- Ensures all research and evaluation conducted under the project include a gender focus that promotes gender equitable programming;
- Monitors and maintain relevant protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports
- Contributes to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence
- Delivers presentations at professional meetings and conferences
The Director must reside in Bangladesh for the duration of the project period.
- Master’s Degree in nutrition research, epidemiology, public health, social sciences, or a related field required. PhD is an added advantage;
- At least 8 years’ experience leading and managing research teams;
- State-of-the-art understanding of implementation science and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in researching and/or evaluating nutrition multi-sectoral approaches;
- Knowledge of the culture and context of Bangladesh;
- Experience interacting and negotiating with government counterparts and other international and local organizations working at the highest levels;
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Ability to work well with others, including local and foreign colleagues, implementing agency and government staff;
- Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership;
- Ability to manage and work independently and efficiently;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and skills to staff and government and implementing agency partners;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize and respond in a timely manner.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Dhaka
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-08-31