Laboratory Assistant (G4)
- Perform basic laboratory procedures as assigned by the Head of MHAC Cairo, including specimen collection, storage, testing, shipment, timely result slips delivery, etc.
- Contribute to the overall standards and the quality of the laboratory procedures related to the MHA’s by strictly following the established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Adhere to bio-safety measures adopted in the facility minding the safety of oneself and others. Be a part of the MHAC infection control committee.
- Implement all quality control activities required for the laboratory parts of the MHA process.
- Assist in maintenance of laboratory tests, equipment and storage facilities (Refrigerators, Centrifuges, pipettes, rapid tests, etc.). Make sure that only tests within the valid expiry date are used for MHA purposes.
- Assist the IOM administration with stock management; ensure that the equipment and consumables are sufficient for the anticipated work.
- Maintain the system of organized record keeping (digital).
- Assist the staff of partner laboratory facilities in Egypt in maintaining high standards of laboratory work, use of infection control standards, use of authorised high quality test kits, timely result issuance, promote the external quality control protocols,
- Serve as a focal point for MHD in the country operation for laboratory related issues, and support the region / travel when needed. Education
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology with three years of relevant experience in a busy institution, preferably in a laboratory performing serology testing or Tuberculosis testing.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to HRCairoApplication@iom.int by July 17, 2016 at the latest, mentioning the reference code and the job title in the mail subject line.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Cairo (Egypt)
- Grade: Mid level
- Public Health and Health Service
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-07-17