Consultant – Career and Performance Management
Position Title : Consultant – Career and Performance Management
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Consultant
Type of Appointment : Consultant, 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 18 July 2016
Reference Code: CON 2016/21
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration
and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM
is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by
providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Talent Management (TM) and overall supervision of
the Director of Human Resources Management, the consultant will actively support career
development and performance management initiatives within the Organization.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Promote and develop linkages between talent management functions within IOM, including learning, career development, and performance management;
- Develop and deliver webinars on career development (CV writing and interviewing skills) and performance management (conducting staff evaluations) for IOM staff members globally;
- Draft internal communications related to career development and performance management (intranet, staff advisories, etc);
- In close coordination with the HR Policy and Advisory Services Unit, support the drafting of the IOM Performance Management Policy;
- Generate SES compliance reports and coordinate with Regional and Country Officers, as well as HQ Departments and Divisions to increase compliance rate globally;
- Develop a repository of SMART objectives for specific job families (Chief of Mission/Head of Office, Resource Management, etc) to support performance management;
- Coordinate closely with IOM’s Performance Management Assistant based in Manila, and as required respond to internal and external business inquiries;
- Prepare reports or proposals on talent management as required;
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Law, Social Sciences or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
Excellent knowledge of staff development and performance management related approaches, policies, processes and systems.
Client orientation, with the ability to deliver a high quality client service, improving service execution, delivery and outcomes.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; initiative in resolving complex and sensitive issues; tact and discretion.
Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to present and promote the Organization's position on HR matters in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
Excellent time management and work organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Competent user of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the internet.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment
system, by 18 July 2016 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on
your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 04.07.2016 to 18.07.2016
- Organization: IOM - International Organization for Migration
- Location: Geneva (Switzerland)
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-18
leogane | Port-au-Prince
Nairobi | Kenya (Kenya)
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
Mid/Senior - Internationally recruited position
United States (United States of America)