Country Director - Greece
NRC started its operations in Greece in October 2015, which has seen more than 1 million refugees and asylum seekers from Turkey into the country. This position will play a key role in supporting NRC in the delivery of its new refugee response programme in Greece. NRC works together with the Greek authorities, humanitarian agencies and volunteers to assist refugees at open registration and reception facilities and camps. In addition to island of Chios, the second largest arrival spot in Greece, our mainland teams in the Thessaloniki area help manage the newly established refugee camps. The Country Director will play a key role in overseeing and initiating the humanitarian response in the defined areas of the country in close co-operation with Area Managers and program staff.
The Country Director reports to the Head of Region Asia based in Oslo.
- National representation
- Development of funding proposals.
- Overall responsible for all activities, personnel and the country management team (CMT)
- Safety and security of all staff
- Country level advocacy
- Responsible for overall resource allocation, mobilization and control
- Responsible for cost efficiency
- Ensure adequate country structures and systems
- Learning, training and development for all staff, including a strategy for national staff development
- Adherence to NRC policies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from working as a Senior Manager/Country Director in humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented/proven results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: September 2016
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions
- Duty station: The position will be based in Greece.
- This is an unaccompanied post/non family duty station, with shared housing/ accommodation of moderate standard.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Greece
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-25